Hi all

New? Say G'Day here!
bugeater
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Outback

Hi all

Post by bugeater »

G'day everyone. Just bought myself a Hobie Outback with the intention of fishing in Port Phillip and Westernport. This looks like one of the few forums still around with a bit of activity, so I thought I'd sign up.

Can't wait to get it out on the water, despite the cold. Monday looks like conditions won't be terrible, just got to work out a launch site.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Hi all

Post by maverick »

Welcome Martin, great yak. Not much activity on here atm LoL.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Welcome Martin. :up: The depths of winter aren't that inviting but there's still a few of us getting out and about.

If you've not fished of a yak much then definitely check out some of the info on here on gear, clothing techniques etc.
0408 565 763
craigcole10
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Post by craigcole10 »

Welcome Martin! Yeah it's definitely a lot quieter here over winter but it picks up a bit when the reds start to come into the bay.

As Shane said there is a lot of good information on here to get lost in so spend a bit of time going through the old posts when the weather is no good. I think I learnt everything to do with kayak fishing from here.

Monday looks good at the minute for a fish, hopefully I'll get out on Tuesday assuming I get a day pass.