Gday all from WA

New? Say G'Day here!
Normthe1
kayak: Dream Kayaks The Beast

Gday all from WA

Post by Normthe1 »

I gave up on fishing after moving from Darwin to Perth, not much matches up to Barra, Queenies, Mangrove Jack and Black Jew but I recently moved close to the Swan River and suddenly developed an itch. Bought myself a Dream Kayaks The Beast and am just setting it up. I'm very unlikely to venture out of the river so couldn't justify big money but I'm looking forward to having a crack at the bream and flathead that I'm told are around. A bonus is there's apparently a mulloway spot less than a kilometre away so my barra gear might get a workout.
I've been lurking for a few weeks checking some things out so I hope you don't mind a transplanted Frankston boy from having a bit of an input here and there.
Cheers
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Re: Gday all from WA

Post by happyas »

I lived in Frankston in my youth and also Darwin when I was a kid. Welcome to the forum. I think the bream in Perth are the same as we have here in Vic. Southern or black bream. Yep, good fun on light gear. Keep us posted as to how you go.
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

G'day mate, looking forward to some reports from over there. I loved it over there, probably would of stayed apart from family business stuff here.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Galey wrote:G'day mate, looking forward to some reports from over there. I loved it over there, probably would of stayed apart from family business stuff here.
X2 although I've never been to Darwin l did live in Perth for a while and love the place and the fishing was great compared to here back then although we seem to have fish worth talking about now days lol, although my last visit was last century and about 15 years before the turn, l fished everywhere l went and the jewies were big over there and popular so it would be an interesting story of one hooked in a kayak in the Swan :thumbsup:

Btw welcome :up:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm