Hey there

New? Say G'Day here!
Delirium
kayak: RTM Klargo

Hey there

Post by Delirium »

Hi all.

New here and thought I'd say hi and introduce myself.

I'm a bayside local, live in Beaumaris and love it here. I have great access to PPB and have been kayak fishing around the place for a year or so now. I've fished Victorian waters all my life, but have only discovered the appeal of yaks more recently.

I grew up fishing with my father and brothers around the Victorian snapper fisheries and offshore waters and until recently have done most of my fishing from various trailer boats I have owned. I have really caught the yak fishing bug and enjoy it more all the time.

I'm hoping to expand my hobby a bit further afield and hopefully meet some folks to share some offshore expeditions and trips wider in the bay(s) with and learn a bit more about the game.

Anyway...I look forward to getting to know everyone, learning what I can and contribution in whatever way I might be of use.

Cheers Ian
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Re: Hey there

Post by happyas »

Welcome Ian. It must be handy living so close to the water. Having been yakking for a year already you would probably have had a good introduction to the safety aspects of the sport. Lots of people on here fish lots of locations and methods. Watch the trips section and you will have a good idea of who is going where and when.
Anthony
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by Anthony »

Hey mate welcome aboard, I live in Aspendale Gardens and fish between Ricketts are Mordialloc fairly often. If you put up a post in the Fishing Trips section when you're heading out you'll find some people to tag a long.
Delirium
kayak: RTM Klargo

Post by Delirium »

Thanks guys. Hope to see you out there some time :thumbsup: