G'day from Damo83

New? Say G'Day here!
Damo83
kayak: Native slayer propel 13

G'day from Damo83

Post by Damo83 »

Hi Vyackers :wave1: Damien here I live in Doreen and I am new to the forum but not new to yak fishing.
I fish from a native slayer propel my third yak to date my others were a native ultimate propel and before that a finz gizmo.
Most of my yak fishing has been estuary chasing the usual suspects but the recent upgrade to a sot was aimed at getting out on the bays and hopefully tangling with some bigger fish :up:
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Re: G'day from Damo83

Post by choppers »

Hey bud, nice ride!
Plenty of info here, enjoy it.
See u on WP some day :D
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Welcome matey... perfect chance to say hi i have been looking at a native mariner how do you rate the native propel?
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
Damo83
kayak: Native slayer propel 13

Post by Damo83 »

bop34 wrote:Welcome matey... perfect chance to say hi i have been looking at a native mariner how do you rate the native propel?
hey bop34 :wave1: how do i rate the native propel I think its great :up: i have had almost no problems with either of my propel kayaks.
pros: reverse, easy to cruise at a reasonable pace (pedalling flat out makes only a slight increase in speed), very comfortable seats, stable (can stand and fish in the slayer the ultimate was a bit harder) drive maintenance is pretty simple and is only needed once or twice a year(in my experience)
cons: a bit harder to retract the drive system than a hobie (you need to align the prop to lift through the hull) thick weed can be annoying as it wraps around the prop (can be cleared pretty easy but gets old fast if there is a lot around)
i suggest you look at the native owners forum http://nativeownersgroup.com/ under the mariner propel section there is tons of info there from people who own them: pros, cons, problems, solutions i think this will give you a clearer idea if the mariner is the yak for you!
on a final note if you are buying second hand be sure to give the drive a spin it should be reasonably smooth and check the bearings on the crank shaft for rust (a small amount of surface rust is not a deal breaker but it shouldn't be much)
hope this helps and apologies for the long winded response.
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

No no thank you very much great response. I am weighing up hobie outback or mariner so this will help alot cheers
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes