G'day guys!

New? Say G'Day here!
Azman
Apprentice
kayak: Glide Explore

G'day guys!

Post by Azman »

Hey guys! Aaron here

After owning a couple of boats me and the guys from work have decided to trade in for Yak's. While still pretty new to it and only in a basic setup I've been out a few times and loving it!

Currently set up in a Glide Explore, and mainly fish out west but thats more so due to being where my mates are.
Cheers
Azman

Fish on!
Yak PB's - Flatty 32CM. Banjo 55CM. Pinky 23CM
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Re: G'day guys!

Post by choppers »

Gday aaron.
Play it safe and enjoy the kayaking!!
Read the safety section first, then the trip reports I'm sure you'll enjoy yakking more than boating :thumbsup:
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Azman
Apprentice

Post by Azman »

Cheers!

I've had a good look over the saftey section and already picked up a few good tips/improvements to be had.

Ive been out in mine 6-7 times now and already enjoying it more than boating :up:
Cheers
Azman

Fish on!
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

Welcome Aaron, always glad to see others crossing over from the dark side (boaties) to the real side where the real men are :lol:
John 3.16/17
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by vicyak »

Welcome Aaron,

Probably converted. A little story from about 1 month ago.

I was out there with a few other yaks and I had my bag and a boat about 50m from me kept seeing me pull them up. There were 3 of them on that boat and they couldn't get any. I think the most memorable moment on that day wasn't the fact I had a great day with the fish however it was hearing the boaties saying. 'Bloody hell... he has another' Quite funny. I called another yak other gave him my silver whiting and he landed one immediately as well. Quite funny.
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Post by Hammertime »

A good choice joining the yak brigade mate, cheap to maintain (minus the improvements that we constantly make) a bit of social club, and we can launch anywhere. The negatives are obviously we can only go out when the weather allows us.

Being out west you should consider hitting up Werribee South, Altona both Millers and Apex, Campbells Cove and Kirks Point.
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona
Azman
Apprentice

Post by Azman »

Thanks guys!
Feeling welcome that's for sure.

Yeah I've mainly been hitting Werribee south as I know it reasonably well although with not much to report except for an infestation of toadies haha.
Going to give either Campbell's cove or Altona a go next time.
Cheers
Azman

Fish on!
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Azman wrote: Yeah I've mainly been hitting Werribee south as I know it reasonably well although with not much to report except for an infestation of toadies haha.
Welcome to the world of kayak fishing and Vyak of cause --- I feel for you we have the same problem with infestations in Westernport but not so much toads as Gummies - Snapper - Whiting and lot of other species

having sore arms from pulling in fish all day does get us down over here but we have learnt to live with it
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Azman
Apprentice

Post by Azman »

cheaterparts wrote:
having sore arms from pulling in fish all day does get us down over here but we have learnt to live with it

Ive got the sore arms just not from pulling fish in haha. A trip to western port is on the cards at some point just waiting on my mates to get their yak's
Cheers
Azman

Fish on!