sounder install "pus-nutz" the PA

Show off your kayak!
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

sounder install "pus-nutz" the PA

Post by bilby »

Hi all,
I fitted the sounder to the new toy, it came up really well, i went the outside tranny install as i wanted to get a reliable surface temp. reading. The whole install has no holes and can be removed / installed in minutes.
Cheers Bilby.
Attachments
sounder install
sounder install
tranny install
tranny install
the beast
the beast
Bill 0409139460
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Re: sounder install "pus-nutz" the PA

Post by madfishman »

Love the name, great looking yak mate....

just be aware of beach launches/landings and your Transducer.
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Ball'sie name Bill, pus-nutz :lol: Install looks good and love the way you can do things to the PA without drilling the hull. One thing though, the alloy hand rails, do they tend to crush a bit when adding clamps to them ? I have seen in the past when clamping to alloy its hard to get tight (no slip) without crush on the pipe. Is there a way around it, rubber maybe ?
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

Hi Ed,
The hand rails don't crush, as the rams have a rubbery v block that goes under the saddle, plus it would be a good thing if the tranny does move a bit, if it contacts something hard. Yeah Neil i have heard to be careful, when beach launching, but i will forget :oops:
Cheers Bilby
Bill 0409139460
maccayak
Square eyes
kayak: A clean one with no fish!

Post by maccayak »

Bill, have you seen the fitting that Matty has that screws into the bung hole. I think SL sells them. Gotta love ram stuff. Nice looking yak, thats a big sticker on the side, how much will you charge me to put a Geoffs Plumbing sticker on the side. 8-)

Geoff
Geoff Mobile 0438 383 764

VYAK Member No 0003
glassman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie pa

Post by glassman »

Bill the rig looks great, we have to get together so I can see how the sounder works as I still can not make a decision on which sounder and transducer set up to go for, let us know how it goes when you take it out on the water :D
bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

Hi Maccayak, i did actually get the "anal" probe bung but it would only work with a Humminbird sounder, or sounders with small plugs. The Lowrance needs a 22mm hole for the plug to go through the bung which is 20mm :( , i could have got it if i cut the nut off, but the added corrosion resistance made me do it this way.
Yeah Jim, i will catch up soon for a fish, the Lowrance mark series are awesome for the cash, $319 JH Smith in Collingwood, delivered to your door, for $10 extra ;). Nothing i looked at came close to these for power / pixels for a sub $350 sounder.
The setup is nearly complete, gotta love the PA'S as there is nothing to do to make them fishy, i'm fitting a allround white light and thats it for pus-nutz.
Cheers Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
glassman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie pa

Post by glassman »

Bill I have not seen any photos of the completed trailer :?: how is it coming along :?:
bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

glassman wrote:Bill I have not seen any photos of the completed trailer :?: how is it coming along :?:
Still a work in progress jim, i have nearly finished it, i needed the yak for my final pimping and pampering, i will post pics as soon as its done.
Cheers Bilby
Bill 0409139460
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by madfishman »

bilby wrote:The setup is nearly complete, gotta love the PA'S as there is nothing to do to make them fishy, i'm fitting a allround white light and thats it for pus-nutz.
Cheers Bilby.
Thats so true, when i first got mine i walked around it for ages thinking, nope dont need nothing.I hadnt even touched mine for months, even during the comps. Generally i am only fishing with one rod anyway, but did find the mast mount ram tube was the best thing i did do.
The extra rod holder then meant i could tie knots, unhook some fish . I set this up so the rod was pointed up and towards me and the line was directly in front, very handy, even for the net when your playing with your fish.. :lol: .
I think lights are too important to not leave out and with a removable sounder and light then it just makes it easier all round as the only add ons when getting out.

I did however just recently add 2 scotty rod holders to the PA, with squidlies around you can have a line out the side while drifting with the lastics...

Your gonna love that livewell. i was using it on the pinkies the other week and were still swimming/alive happily right up to the back of the car.
Hint, dont loose the plug that covers your pump in the well.....very annoying when walking back and water running down my leg... :lol:

Thats a nice beast , may the luck on the pus-nutz pour with juicey mojo.
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au