PE4.5 sailing

A section for the yak sailers around Victoria!
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

PE4.5 sailing

Post by GoneFishn »

Had a little session out off Point Cook today with a mate, fish wise not much to tell, Sailing :thumbsup:
Wind was a northerly about 10kn to 15kn at times. This is the first on water run with the sail properly installed on the deck. Worked extremely well, one thing I did notice is that when the wind picked up I actually had more control of the sail, meaning I could get some decent cross and slight up wind motion. May need a bigger rudder but not sure just yet (rudder up down lines where loose so rudder would kick up a bit) I'll have to take it out next on a windier day (not by myself of cause) with no fishing gear to really test it out.
Still undecided on the Lee-boards I did have sideways slip but nothing a few paddle strokes now and then couldn't correct, and so far no need for outriggers :up:
CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE VIDEO :up:
Peterj
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: kingfisher

Re: PE4.5 sailing

Post by Peterj »

Good to see mate, looked like it worked well.

I was itching to get out all weekend but had the flu and then when i was ok , monday blew like a charlie sheen , well you get the idea :evilgrin:

Looks like next weekend for me now
paddlepop
Square eyes
kayak: OK Prowler 13 - pimped-to-the-max
Location: East of the City..then go east again...nearly at the Dandenongs

Post by paddlepop »

Kelly -- good video mate - very envious that you're out there under sail. certainly looks like it will handle a good stiff breeze no probs as it obviously wasnt stretched in the condition you filmed in. Look forward to have a sail with everyone in not too distant future :up:
verb. Fishing - doing nothing with a purpose
Bozzie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Dune Pro Angler

Post by Bozzie »

Certainly looks the goods. Like the subliminal ad for BCF. I hope you show it to them for some sponsorship. :thumbsup:
The Rubai-Yak of Hobie Khayyam
Mob: 0409234439

GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

Bozzie wrote:Certainly looks the goods. Like the subliminal ad for BCF. I hope you show it to them for some sponsorship. :thumbsup:
:evilgrin:
I was actually going to edit that bit out, it was not an intensional bit of filming to get the BCF logo in :up: BUT if BCF wants to hand out a sponsorship I'll happily accept :thumbsup:
paddlepop wrote:Kelly -- good video mate - very envious that you're out there under sail. certainly looks like it will handle a good stiff breeze no probs as it obviously wasnt stretched in the condition you filmed in. Look forward to have a sail with everyone in not too distant future :up:
Once we all iron out the wrinkles in our sails it would be good to have a day sailing and see how each other has gone about it. :up:
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

GoneFishn wrote: Once we all iron out the wrinkles in our sails it would be good to have a day sailing and see how each other has gone about it. :up:
Probably go faster too!!

With all the wrinkles gone that is!!!! :lol: :yahoo: :lol:

Looks the goods though :thumbsup: wish I could get out to join you all when you do!!!
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie