G'day All,

New? Say G'Day here!
Campbell
Apprentice
kayak: Oasis tandem

G'day All,

Post by Campbell »

Hi guys,
I joined the forum a while ago but only recently got kayak - an oasis tandem - for my son & I. Ultimate goal is to chase big snapper, gummies, & squid. For the moment we are still excited just catching pinkies off black rock as we get familiar with yak, sounder, etc..
Looking forward to learning all we can about fishing PPB & Westernport & sharing our adventures.

Cheers,
Campbell.
craigcole10
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Re: G'day All,

Post by craigcole10 »

Welcome to the forum Campbell. There's lots of good info to learn from on here so take time to dig through the old posts.

I'm based in Cheltenham so often launch from mentone and paddle around to Black Rock so I'll probably see you guys on the water this season. Hopefully this dirty water clears up soon in time for snapper to fully fire up and catch some big reds.

See you on the water.

Craig
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Welcome aboard Campbell.
Look forward to reading your reports and adventures.
Tight lines!
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Welcome Campbell, be safe, catch fish.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Campbell
Apprentice

Post by Campbell »

Thanks guys.
Craig, I expect I'll be at black rock a fair bit in the next couple of months. I'll be in a blue oasis with a kid in the front seat, so if you see me out there please give me a yell.
craigcole10
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Post by craigcole10 »

Campbell wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 16:24 Craig, I expect I'll be at black rock a fair bit in the next couple of months. I'll be in a blue oasis with a kid in the front seat, so if you see me out there please give me a yell.
Will do. How long have you had the oasis for as I think I may have seen you during winter?
Campbell
Apprentice

Post by Campbell »

I only got it a few weeks ago. The guy I bought it from is local to that area so probably him that you have seen.
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Post by outback paul »

Hey Campbell, welcome to the forum.

My son and I have had a lot of fun in the tandem chasing gummies, particularly in the Lang Lang area. It's an easy launch, and not too much tidal flow, you just have to be aware of the tide heights (so you don't end up stuck in the mud). It's also a lot more social in a tandem, as you need to fish quite a distance apart from single kayaks if you don't want to tangle each other's lines with a runaway gummy :D
Campbell
Apprentice

Post by Campbell »

Thanks Paul. Yep, i have seen a lot of pics of gummies at lang lang, so looking forward to getting down there in the near future.