Windy

Completely off topic!
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Windy

Post by happyas »

Boy did we cop it yesterday about 6.30 PM. About ten minutes of unbelievable wind. Within 500 metres of our house there must be about 15 or more trees down. Big ones. House three away from us had 5 down, one with a root ball about 5 metres across. We have been without power for about 27 hours now. 2 large trees across the power lines within 1 kilometre of us. A couple of cars squashed as well. At least no one near us was hurt.
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Re: Windy

Post by mazman »

That storm front was pretty wicked. I'm not too far from you and we had a few trees down on the property and still don't have power. Combined with some untreated water getting into the qater supply and its been a pretty crazy couple of days. Luckily we have a gas stovetop so have been able to cook and boil water to drink but hoping the power comes back soon
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

It was probably stronger here than I remember experiencing before! I can see some big branches down from the house and must take a look around the boundaries later hoping there is nothing down on a fence. We have many hundreds of compromise trees here after the fire.
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

My son who lives about 2 kilometres away will not have power until Wednesday or Thursday.
bruyaka
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Sport, Revo 13

Post by bruyaka »

I was in the same situation as u Larry . Candle lit dinners for a couple of nights . Been roaming around collecting fire wood for future use . SP Ausnet tree inspector arrived at a spot I was today and suggested I move on as they were going to drop as few sus ones right where I was . :o Glad no one was hurt considering the number of trees down . Unfortunately not over yet . Take care .
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

They were inspecting the power lines around our area by chopper. It was flying at about 50 feet following the power lines , below treetop level. We could hear it but only saw it occasionally it was so low.
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by mazman »

Two new trees down at home today. Got power back on Sunday luckily. Definitely pays to be cautious walking in heavily trees areas atm, got at least one at home that has "fallen" but is hung up in another tree
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Be careful Alex. Don't want them slipping onto you.