Greetings from the West...

New? Say G'Day here!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Greetings from the West...

Post by peatop »

Welcome Manny, you can come do catch and cook with me anytime i love asian food lol enjoy yourself here lots to learn and join in any trips you can, there's a comp on called NCS it advertised here and run by Seasherpa, although the safety gear might be difficult (expensive)for you to arrange this early in your new hobby but read up on it hassle Seasherpa and pick his brains, the trips to portland will start soon and also some local offshore trips you could easily join in on, read up on the threads about tuna, kings, portland, torquay, NCS and SWR these will give you an idea and maybe a thirst, visit the diy threads and above all practice safe sex :? oops i mean safety :thumbsup:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Widsa wrote:Welcome aboard Manny,
Keep an eye out on the fishing trips section or start your own trip in there.
Plenty of members are happy to share their knowledge here and enjoy the company.
Tight lines.

Will.
X2. Not on the west side but have a look at East Coast Kayak in Sandringham kayak fishing intro course.
It is mostly kayaking techniques & safety for newbies but you learn heaps in one day on the water.
Pinoyatoz
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Compass

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Nice to hear from you Pete. Happy to come do catch and cook with you mate. You catch and cook them... I'll bring plenty of top shelf grog! By the way, I love Asian too mate. lol
I'd love to join the NCS comp mate and buying the required safety gears is not an issue. However, I need to learn how to crawl first before I can run. It would be handy if I could just buy experience, skill and know-how but I believe I have to put in the hard yards.
In regards to safety, I'm actually a risk and safety professional. Hence, I practice safe sex...I don't get any. lol
I would love to have a beer with you someday mate. Let's make it happen.
Last edited by Pinoyatoz on 22 Nov 2019, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
Pinoyatoz

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Thanks for the wise advise Rob. I might give Rohan a call and see if he can fit me in on his next kayaking intro course. I believe he is busy at the moment babysitting. :D
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Pinoyatoz wrote:Thanks for the wise advise Rob. I might give Rohan a call and see if he can fit me in on his next kayaking intro course. I believe he is busy at the moment babysitting. :D
A link to the first course I did with other vyakers in 2013
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... ak#p136520
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Pinoyatoz wrote:Nice to hear from you Pete. Happy to come do catch and cook with you mate. You catch and cook them... I'll bring plenty of top shelf grog! By the way, I love Asian too mate. lol
I'd love to join the NCS comp mate and buying the required safety gears is not an issue. However, I need to learn how to crawl first before I can run. It would be handy if I could just buy experience, skill and know-how but I believe I have to put in the hard yards.
In regards to safety, I'm actually a risk and safety professional. Hence, I practice safe sex...I don't get any. lol
I would love to have a beer with you someday mate. Let's make it happen.
As rob says you can buy some experience ;) offshore charter would help for some experience as far as the how to, and is certainly adaptable to the yak however there are distinctive differences in some areas as for generally going offshore someone here will probably explain and even offer to go on a trip not only that but keep an eye on trip theads as im sure there will be some coming up as soon as the water starts to warm up :thumbsup: my first offshore trip was at Torquay a couple of years ago unfortunately i didn't have the right yak and couldn't afford the safety gear to do the NSC or go past 2nm limit but i did continue going offshore in my old yak then bought the hobie a few months later then the safety gear in prep for the 2019 NSC but did quite a few trips down to portland before and after NSC as im hooked :lol:

I don't get down to melbourne very often but i live on the bellarine peninsular about 20km out off geelong and find the fishing in this area absolutely awesome, im sure it the same all over the bay but i don't know the rest of the bay yet lol even saying that there are areas around here i still haven't discovered or gone to as yet, im sure we will meet up on one of the trips or if your down this way send me a txt or call my main launch is Clifton springs but do venture around the area :thumbsup:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Pinoyatoz

Post by Pinoyatoz »

You will hear from me Pete. As I said, I'm happy to travel to gain some experience and knowledge. Foremost, meet like minded folks and build lifelong friendships. Cheers mate!