Offshore launching phillip island

General offshore yakking discussion.
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Re: Offshore launching phillip island

Post by mingle »

Sunderland Bay is a bit like Kitty Miller, but maybe a bit more sheltered? Access is bit tricky tricky though.

Then you've got Flynn's and Cat Bay for the Western Entrance...

Mike.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Plenty of posts about Flinders Ocean Beach launching - easy as, if the swell is less than 0.7 - preferably under 0.5m.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Flinders launching at the pier and heading out around West cape isn't that difficult either with an outgoing tide. Kings turn up occasionally in the entrance and inside west head along with salmon.
0408 565 763
woo53
Apprentice
kayak: 2015 outback

Post by woo53 »

Sunderland bay used to have a track at the end you could drive on right down to the water. Very sheltered and accessable high and low as their is a deep troughright on the beach - has anyone headed out fron here before? Good reef systems around the corner at express point too!! And awesome surf
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

I will be down at the island from friday for a week. Im planning on fishing mornings and evenings whenever the weather allows, but will have to balance time with family.
If anyone wants to catch up for a fish let me know.
Dave.
Fish Grylls
Square eyes
kayak: hobie revo

Post by Fish Grylls »

MrTall wrote:I will be down at the island from friday for a week. Im planning on fishing mornings and evenings whenever the weather allows, but will have to balance time with family.
Dave.
I am planning a trip from Ventnor to Cat Bay next week. Hopefully find a couple of little squid and then see if anything wants to find them whilst anchored up fishing for some whiting. Leigh and Dave, Let me know if interested in this.
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

Fish Grylls wrote:
MrTall wrote:I will be down at the island from friday for a week. Im planning on fishing mornings and evenings whenever the weather allows, but will have to balance time with family.
Dave.
I am planning a trip from Ventnor to Cat Bay next week. Hopefully find a couple of little squid and then see if anything wants to find them whilst anchored up fishing for some whiting. Leigh and Dave, Let me know if interested in this.
Ventnor would be great. Wont even need the car!
Dave
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

I'll be down there the same time - at Cape Woolamai. It'll be a family holiday, but I may be able to make an early morning trip out of Cleeland Bight...

Mike.
MrTall wrote:
Fish Grylls wrote:
Dave.
Ventnor would be great. Wont even need the car!
Dave
woo53
Apprentice
kayak: 2015 outback

Post by woo53 »

Keep me posted when your all down and fishing, generally free in the mornings for a fish!! On a different note there pulling snapper and whiting out of the main channel near the shipwreck at Rhyll at the mo. Only about a 800 meter paddle, definitely high on the list for next week!