New just saying hey

New? Say G'Day here!
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: New just saying hey

Post by laneends »

Kris33 wrote:Hey thanks for the advice looks like ill be going bcf to get some plastics haha thanks for some locations to try out hopefully when i figure out how to add some pics ill have some up from the trip haha and yes i have been reading the posts on the safety side of things...in saying that does anyone have a cheapy way to leash rods to the yak i lost a new rod n reel yesterday forgot to leash alwats a learning experience haha... thanks every one
I use old mobile phone charger cables (coiled type), small SS clip one end, large clip on the other tied and zipped in place. The large clip attaches to a point on yak. Clip allows it to be easily relocated as required. I zip tie a large fishing swivel around rod butt then attach the smaller clip on the leash to this, so that I can unclip rod from leash quickly also if necc.

Be aware coiled leashes tangle and drive you nuts. Bungie type leads attract trebles. Leashes are a potential hazard in a tip over situation. So whether to leash or not is a personal choice. If you dont then make use of locking rod holders and lock them. If fact locking them in place when you can is a good idea, better than swinging around on a leash if you go over.

Nets and smaller stuff i dont leash as these will tangle when its "all go'. Stick to cheap stuff and allow for disposability.
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Re: New just saying hey

Post by Hammertime »

Welcome to the party Kris, glad to have you on board
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona