Hey it's Lachie great page

New? Say G'Day here!
Lachieofish
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Pro angler 14

Hey it's Lachie great page

Post by Lachieofish »

Hey guys I'm Lachie I have recently bought a pa 14 I am only 14 and my mates did not spot talking about this site at the start didn't know what it was like until I became a member I must say this is a great site the people are so welcoming and full of great advise always keen for a fish would love to go out with some people some time ppb or wp or even inverloch cheers Lachie :wave1: :clap:
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Re: Hey it's Lachie great page

Post by choppers »

Gday lachie, welcome.

Before you get into the fishing, please read some of the safety section, and then spend a day playing around your kayak, especially re entering it incase u fall off.

What fish do you plan to target?
Always people posting up the trip they are planning, and are happy for anyone to join in.
I usually fish Grantville for gummies or coronet bay and cleeland bite for squid.
Both places are very easy for a newbie like yourself.

Have fun with it mate :thumbsup:
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Lachieofish

Post by Lachieofish »

Thanks mate I have been out a couple of times and I have seen how to the enter on the yak and would love to go over to the night been out on the baits few times around there and thanks so much
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

welcome Lachie, left a message on your trip thread,good to see a junior member, how do you get around, do your parents transport you. hard to push a pa14.
read up on all the safety stuff, and think about clothing and sun burn, just take things slowly, and be very aware of the weather.
sure the members will help you out when ever we can. :thumbsup:
Lachieofish

Post by Lachieofish »

Thanks westy have actually got most things covered need to get some lights and a flag send me a message on 0499256866 :yahoo:
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

Lachieofish wrote:Thanks westy have actually got most things covered need to get some lights and a flag send me a message on 0499256866 :yahoo:
Don't forget your battery also once you connect lights,if choose to connect them to the sounder battery you will need to be aware of the battery capacity.

Good luck with the trips out, there are some good people on here willing to help out all on the forum ask the questions and most of the time you will get safe and good advice.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
Lachieofish

Post by Lachieofish »

Yeah I know it's amazing thanks Bruce :up: