G'day from Graham in Coburg

New? Say G'Day here!
Banger
kayak: Hobie Lanai

G'day from Graham in Coburg

Post by Banger »

Hi all, Graham here, recently shifted down from QLD. I've got a little Hobie Lanai which has had 4 or 5 outings in the river up north but that's about the extent of my kayak fishing experience. At the moment I'm just trying to get it set up so I can safely take it out in the bay and chase a few snapper. If I get enough use out of the kayak I'll look at upgrading but for now I'm going to work with what I've got. I'm keen to get involved in a few trips and hope to meet a few like minded folks along the way.
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Re: G'day from Graham in Coburg

Post by vicyak »

Hi Graham,

I live probably 2 minutes from you. Happy to catch up locally. I have a Hobie PA14. I'm in Pascoe Vale South - South side of bell st. Off Reynolds pde.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Welcome Graham. :wave1: Sounds like we could have a little neighborhood sub-grouping going on. I'm in Moonee Ponds and there are a few of us also in Pascoe Vale or Essendon area.
0408 565 763
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Post by Hammertime »

vicyak wrote:Hi Graham,

I live probably 2 minutes from you. Happy to catch up locally. I have a Hobie PA14. I'm in Pascoe Vale South - South side of bell st. Off Reynolds pde.
My location is pretty close to vicyak. Pascoe Vale South as well..... on the west side of city link....

You should consider coming along to the comp at Altona on the 6th, a great way to meet some of the guys and kick in a few bucks towards a good charity. ($20 annual club fee, $10 a comp). If not, plenty of other trips posted on here that people will be happy to have you tag along with.
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona
makro
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Native Slayer Propel 10

Post by makro »

Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum. I live in Keilor and as Shane mentioned its great to have members living in nearby suburbs.

Cheers,
Makro
Jerryx4
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Ebay Banger

Post by Jerryx4 »

I'm in Maribyrnong.... Literally close enough to put yak on trolley and wander to the water in less than 2mins....
not that I do very much though :(
I came here to get wet.....
Banger
kayak: Hobie Lanai

Post by Banger »

Thanks for the welcome guys. If someone could post a link to the comp details and membership form that would be awesome.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Banger wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys. If someone could post a link to the comp details and membership form that would be awesome.
2 comps
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=19963
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=20859

You can find more details via the main topics board