torquay yak dive added video.

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
sawtell
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Sport

Re: torquay yak dive added video.

Post by sawtell »

dilwad wrote:
blinky wrote:I have been watching brett illingworth videos on utube lately.
It's too bad the glennie islands are a touch too far for an outback / oasis.

Coincidently, I was down the prom with work mates before easter and snuck in bit of a yak dive. Afterwards, one of the rangers came round and had a yarn, turns out he yakfishs around there in his outback. Good gig that

He could possibly be a member on these forums.
Pretty sure someone's a parks vic officer for the prom area on here.
dilwad
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Oasis

Post by dilwad »

blinky wrote: launching a yak on the coast is the tricky part cos of swell. the outback is a pig in swell
Yarp, busted my sidekicks when I was at the prom waiting for a window in the surf that never came.
sawtell
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Sport

Post by sawtell »

dilwad wrote:
blinky wrote: launching a yak on the coast is the tricky part cos of swell. the outback is a pig in swell
Yarp, busted my sidekicks when I was at the prom waiting for a window in the surf that never came.

I know a guy selling a pretty much brand new set, word is he is open to offers!! :D :up:
dilwad
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Oasis

Post by dilwad »

sawtell wrote:I know a guy selling a pretty much brand new set, word is he is open to offers!! :D :up:
Thanks for the plug but it was a plastic gear trac which they mount into that broke rather than the sidekicks.

I can absolutely recommend them though. Makes getting in and out of the oasis a breeze, great for yak diving and a must for yak sailing.