Offshore Revo Setup

General offshore yakking discussion.
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Offshore Revo Setup

Post by erik the viking »

I just thought I would share this clip with the VYAK crew so as you can get a few ideas for your yak setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mexZa1uZjlw
Everyone is different, and there is heaps of info out there.
This is one of the newer ones that is simple and cheap (ish).
Some of the stuff here is relevant to other types of fishing as well.
On the Revo you don't have much storage or deck space, so 'tucking' things away is an advantage.
Anyway, have a look and take from it what you want.
Good luck to the crew heading north soon.
A couple of those toona would put a smile on your dial hey?
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Re: Offshore Revo Setup

Post by outback paul »

Thanks for posting Erik,
Some excellent ideas there, especially the secure grips in the ports (not seen them before). Not sure if I would have the time or energy to completely strip down the rods and re-rig them. I'd probably just strap them down, and accept that they are going to get wet :up:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Offshore Revo Setup

Post by peatop »

Been a bit slack since coming back from NSW, but I would like to say I had watched this vid and his earlier one "will it surf" well I own a PA14 and yes it does! not in waves like that but a much smaller swell ;) , while at SWR everyone was taking a wide birth of the break caused by the bar close to shore as was I however on my first or second day I remembered watching this vid on the revo and decided to try it in the PA14 but on the smallest break I could find, I packed everything away and hung around for the smallest of waves, followed exactly what this guy had done in the revo with outstanding success :up: onto a bigger wave then bigger and bigger, it was hard to tell how big the biggest wave was I caught but I had to change my underware when I got back :lol:

This was not surf it was just the break in the bay caused by the sandbar near launch so it did not have a great deal of power.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm