2014 Revolution 13

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
l2andom
Square eyes
kayak: Adventure Island, WildySys T140, Outback

2014 Revolution 13

Post by l2andom »

I thought I'd start this thread and then just update/edit the first post as I went along and came across more things. I took her out today (15Dec2013) for the first time. Also most of my comparisons will be vs a PA as that's the only other peddle yak I've been in. Can't really compare it to river kayaking as kayaks (paddle ones) made for a bay and river are two different animals :D

First thoughts (and may be completely obvious but just wanted a list generated)-
Wet butt. Definitely easier to peddle than a PA. Turns quite well. Handles some waves pretty well even though at first I was somewhat cautious. Once I got the feel of the yak it was pretty smooth peddling. I peddled for pretty much 2hours straight trolling lures, with random two to five minute stops just to adjust myself in my seat or to just check out the area as I'm still somewhat new here. Legs did get a bit tired eventually, but not as fast as they did when I was on a PA. No action fish wise, but it was the first time going so that was what I really focusing on. Must pack less. I had a backpack with lures and such, but next time maybe 2 small-medium sized boxes for tackle. I did notice the waves didn't push me around as much as they did when I was in a PA. Also the Lowrance Ready was beautiful, glad they finally made it to other models. Didn't have to drill any holes to install my Elite-4, but I will be drilling to install YakAttack GT90 rails and putting it on that along with a rod holder.