the new cheater ski trailer

cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

the new cheater ski trailer

Post by cheaterparts »

Well it is time for a new trailer the old one is rusting apart fairly quickly ( salt water and steel just dont play nice )
so this is the new and improved model
the basic trail measures 6 meters long from ball to the back and will fit longer boats with ease - Down the RHS a set of lock racks will be fitted to hold my ski and
down the LHS a 2.4 meter long box to carry well everything else
it has an electric braked axle and will be rated to 1 tonne - that really is plenty even with 3 blokes gear and skis

I did the draw bar a bit differently by bending the main rails these in turn become the draw bar

a vertical section does 2 things first it makes the frame stiff and I will do some bolt on tee sections for 2 more sets of Lock Racks to make the trailer a 3 boat unit for trips away

note there is a slot near the top edge of the vertical a high level tail/brake light is going there
also the tail lamps and indicators fit flush into the rear of the frame

the draw bar end has a fairly central jocky wheel and the park brake lever

spare wheel cradle is built strong enough to take one or two spares just by using longer studs

just a few hours more work and it will be ready to paint
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Re: the new cheater ski trailer

Post by Seasherpa »

Coming along nicely now, you’ll be onto the tandem skiff trailer in no time at this rate :thumbsup:
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

well just needs Rego - a tackle box made for the LHS and it's ready for my local fishing

a couple of mounts will be made to clamp to the top of the centre divider for 2 more sets of lock racks for trips away with more skis

must say the trailer looks long till you fit a Ski on it - after fitting the boat it looks right
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

Nice rig Steve. Is there any sort of compliance re roadworthy as regards construction etc. I notice that you have a back supporting seat on board. More comfortable?
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

happyas wrote:Nice rig Steve. Is there any sort of compliance re roadworthy as regards construction etc. I notice that you have a back supporting seat on board. More comfortable?
no need for a roadworthy on light trailers ( up to 4500 kg gross weight ) but a trailer still has to comply with ADRs - these are simple enough -

first the trailer has to be under 12 meters long mine is 6 meters - over hang has been mentioned enough but I could have built it a meter longer behind the axle and still comply
lighting - alxe size and bearings , braking and other ADRs are also easy to comply with

Trailers over 4500 kg need an Engineers report to rego

as for the seat I like it - it give a bit back of support sitting at anchor also a bit of padding under my bum - ive used the ski with out it and cound get use to not using it but would fit a bum pad for the little bit more comfort
My kayak PBs

cheater
0402 208 657
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Looking good Steve, how bigs your shed?
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

peatop wrote:Looking good Steve, how bigs your shed?
Never big enough !
My kayak PBs

cheater
0402 208 657
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Just needs an AI on it, and it would be complete. But nice work regardless.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

maverick wrote:Just needs an AI on it, and it would be complete. But nice work regardless.
Did you not read Cheater's comment, "anything over 4500kg requires a roadworthy" :lol:
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

cheaterparts wrote:
peatop wrote:Looking good Steve, how bigs your shed?
Never big enough !
Its not the size of the shed thats the issue its the amount of of blokes S#!^ and half finished projects thats in it.. :lol: