Coronet Bay

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
ChirnsideYakker
Apprentice
kayak: Yes

Coronet Bay

Post by ChirnsideYakker »

G’Day All,
I’m going to take Cheater’s advice and fish Coronet Bay this long weekend. Could anyone provide me an insight on launching and retrieving there at low tide? I don’t have a depth sounder, but do have an anchor to set on a spot if required. What’s the best for fishing the area? Drifting or Anchoring? Any rough areas where to fish would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Coronet Bay

Post by cheaterparts »

Both Coronet bay and Reef Island are all tide launches - I normally launch at the ramp at Coronet bay at the end of Cutty sark rd around to the left at the end - even with the tide right out it's easy to wheel a kayak down to the water

Reef Island launch at the end of Bluff rd Bass is the same all tide

both spots are not Muddy like other places in WP and the tide flows are very like PPB for at least 1 km only picking up out wider

at higher tides the whiting have been going quite well in both spots only last week end fishing Reef Island for 4 hour I picked up 15 KG whiting 32 to 41 cm and a couple of 38 cm Flat head
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
ChirnsideYakker
Apprentice

Thanks Cheater
ChirnsideYakker
Apprentice

Fished Coronet Bay on Saturday and Monday. A little bit of wind about, but a great place to launch and retrieve the kayaks. We didn’t go too far out (as far as the channel marker) and picked up a couple of whiting and fought the battle with hungry leather jackets! Overall the leather jackets won the battle and followed us everywhere. Plenty of yakkers out on Monday, with varying success amongst them. One guy had a very nice snapper. Will come back again one day to Coronet Bay and give it another crack.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

ChirnsideYakker wrote:Fished Coronet Bay on Saturday and Monday. A little bit of wind about, but a great place to launch and retrieve the kayaks. We didn’t go too far out (as far as the channel marker) and picked up a couple of whiting and fought the battle with hungry leather jackets! Overall the leather jackets won the battle and followed us everywhere. Plenty of yakkers out on Monday, with varying success amongst them. One guy had a very nice snapper. Will come back again one day to Coronet Bay and give it another crack.
Leejo ,Seasherpa and myself were around in the next bay launching at Reef Island on Monday - we all got a feed but it was slow going

I took home 5 Whiting and a leather jacket , Quite a few under size pinkies and whiting being annoying Leejo pulled a couple of nice flatties one going 46 cm and also a 46 cm Garfish and Eoin 3 not bad whiting amongst quite a few under size fish
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657