Third party Insurance

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Metime
Apprentice
kayak: Kings Kraft Peddle kayak -Malibu Mini X

Third party Insurance

Post by Metime »

Hi, I had a quick look for posts regarding insurance. Most posts relates to cover for theft and damage to the trailer and kayak. Is there a cover against third party that is caused by the trailer or the kayak....... trailer or kayak causing damage to another car or property? Thanks
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Re: Third party Insurance

Post by 4liters »

I've occasionally wondered about this. Where would one sit if you cleaned up a swimmer coming back in through the surf or somethign?
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Third party Insurance

Post by peatop »

4liters wrote:I've occasionally wondered about this. Where would one sit if you cleaned up a swimmer coming back in through the surf or somethign?
im not sure that would be an issue as such as whom would be at fault you or the swimmer? Unless you were where you shouldn't be?

As for the original question asked by Dave, i think it wouod be a good idea to ask an insurance broker for this sirt of information as insurance is very specific when it comes to what and when you are covered for. And what Ian said is this how far you want to go? Do you want 3rd party property on the water? Lots of variables?

As for general 3rd party property cover you would have to check your PDS to see what is actually covered ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm