PEDALFISH 10 PEDAL KAYAK

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Steeeech
Apprentice
kayak: K2F Next Gen 10

PEDALFISH 10 PEDAL KAYAK

Post by Steeeech »

Hey Guys, Been kayaking for a about 6 months now fairly comfortable in the water, currently using a K2F Next Gen 10 i know i know everyone hates them i get it. i Basically bought is as a cheap starter kayak to see if i would get into yakking and so be it im hooked!

I personally haven't had any issues with mine, never tipped always been fairly stable for me. im thinking of upgrading to a Pedal fish 10 pedal kayak i really like the look and the hands free paddle some kayaks have to offer.

Reason why im posting this is has anyone had any experience with these before and pro's/con's they can tell me before i purchase.

Cheers! :yahoo:
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Re: PEDALFISH 10 PEDAL KAYAK

Post by 4liters »

There was someone who bought one earlier in the year and posted a bit about how they found it, maybe have a search through the forum and have a read.

My understanding is that they’re a knockoff Native Watercraft Slayer
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

The price point might be low, but you need to check out the post purchase service and guaranty/warranty position as well.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Seriously, go Hobie. There are some great 2nd hand bargains around atm (Outbacks, Revos and PAs). Check-out Gumtree and eBay.

As Mav mentioned - after sales/spares/service etc are something you need to consider - again, Hobie are 2nd to none in that regard, even for used models.

Cheers,

Mike.

P.S. Yes, I own a Hobie and have tried out a Pedalfish 10! :-)
Steeeech
Apprentice

Post by Steeeech »

mingle wrote:Seriously, go Hobie. There are some great 2nd hand bargains around atm (Outbacks, Revos and PAs). Check-out Gumtree and eBay.

As Mav mentioned - after sales/spares/service etc are something you need to consider - again, Hobie are 2nd to none in that regard, even for used models.

Cheers,

Mike.

Basically i would go Hobie, Aslong as i can get it on the roof racks, i have no intention of getting a trailer to be honest at this point. Realistically im only thinking of this kayak cause it has a great price on it.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Steeeech wrote:
mingle wrote:Seriously, go Hobie. There are some great 2nd hand bargains around atm (Outbacks, Revos and PAs). Check-out Gumtree and eBay.

Cheers,

Mike.

Basically i would go Hobie, Aslong as i can get it on the roof racks, i have no intention of getting a trailer to be honest at this point. Realistically im only thinking of this kayak cause it has a great price on it.

Price is important, no problem with that. What sort of price are they asking?
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Steeeech
Apprentice

Post by Steeeech »

maverick wrote:
Steeeech wrote:

Cheers,

Mike.

Price is important, no problem with that. What sort of price are they asking?

They retail new for just over 1k but can find second hand around 700-800 ish, i've looked up a few reviews and they are not a bad kayak to be honest.