Yak Fishing Videos on YouTube - read on!

A forum for member's kayak or fishing related videos
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Yak Fishing Videos on YouTube - read on!

Post by maverick »

Kayak Fishing Videos

Hi Team Yakkers– an opportunity has arisen for kayak fishing videos to be shown on a YouTube fishing channel with over 100,000 subscribers. The existing channel is creating an offshoot YouTube channel to promote Viewers Videos. To this effect I have been appointed the Kayak Fishing Liaison person to find videos for the channel.

There are a number of considerations if you would like your video to be looked at.

The video supplied should be;

• HD (1080 or 4k is even better)
• Wind noise free (or minimal)
• Landscape orientation
• Tell a story – not just pump & wind. (Good to do, boring to watch).
• Original unedited video is required
• No background music on the video
• Filmed through clean lenses
• Suitable for all age groups

The video shouldn’t;

• Be shaky (head mounted cameras can be an issue).
• Someone else’s.
360* (yet - sorry Jordo).

The video’s owner will be given full credit and may be interviewed by phone, Credit may also given to your YouTube Channel if you have one, commercial entities, Facebook Groups etc. There is no payment for videos supplied.

Fundamentally, they are looking for a video, that tells a story, something a little unusual or big or different. It needs to be a quality video and depending on the story – relaxation of the video rules may be allowed. Given we fish from kayaks, we already have a great story!

If you have an existing video that you would like considered send me an email to me @ TopGunPete@gmail.com or PM me via Facebook or VYAK. There will be time frame lag as the channel is still being produced and criteria defined. Obviously, there are no guarantees that your video will be shown, and the yak segment needs to fit within a general fishing format, so the time available is a little limited.

If you are making a new video, keep the rules in mind, as preference will be given to new video’s, but in the startup stage existing videos, even those already published on YouTube, will be considered. But the original unedited video is required.

If you don’t have a video, but know of a video that may be of interest let me know and I may be able to follow it up. This is a great opportunity to get those video’s out there, that normally may only receive a few hundred views, but deserve more.

Get those video camera’s out and start filming. Any questions?
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Re: Yak Fishing Videos on YouTube - read on!

Post by Galey »

Unedited, as in three hours of me casting for nothing and then five minutes of strike,fight, land and release? Or just the raw footage of actual captures?
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

raw footage of the actual capture, but if there is good commentary leading into the capture, even better. If yiu need to send the full 3 hours, that is ok, just put some commentary around the time frame of when the action/commentary/vidro of interest may be.
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Do you have a link to the channel or does it not yet exist?

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

Steve_R wrote:Do you have a link to the channel or does it not yet exist?
In the developement stage - not my channel, I have just been asked to assist to collect kayak videos from around Australia.