2011 Teams/Solo Competition Winner Announcement Here

A year long comp where entrants try to catch as many species from the Victorian fishing handbook.
The biggest total length of all species wins.
Comp ends 31st Dec 2011.
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

2011 Teams/Solo Competition Winner Announcement Here

Post by HaTTerS »

As you all know, Admin have been trying to get the prize packs ready for some time now.

The bad news is: it's going to take a bit longer.
The good news is: you can have your "bragging rights" now. :thumbsup:

2011 Teams/Solo Competition

Our first ever teams/solo comp has come to a close and even though we had some small teething problems through the year, overall, I think the competition was a success.

We had 9 teams and 16 solo competitors enter almost sixty five meters (6474.5cm) worth of fish throughout the year, consisting of thirty nine different species.
There were one hundred and forty individual fish on the score sheet and god knows how many entered.

IMHO only seven species on that list are what I'd call "rubbish" fish and wouldn't bother to target normally, so in my book, that leaves 32 decent species easily obtainable from Victorian waters by kayak. Us Victorian Yak fishos get it pretty good down here don't we!

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the 2011 teams/solo competition.
I hope you (as a competitor) got something out of the competition. Whether it was getting out of your comfort zone, exploring new waters, meeting someone new, catching a new species or just bettering a PB... that's what it's all about.

But

Of course, there must be a winner...

The winner(s) of the 2011 Teams/Solo Competition is:

In first place
Maverick and Loboloco - with a total score of 1224cm :yahoo:

In second place
Cheaterparts and MattyP - with a total score of 1197cm :thumbsup:

In third place
Gom and Yacker - with a total score of 887cm 8-)
December Leaderboard.jpg
December Leaderboard.jpg (76.52 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
December Scoreboard.jpg
A shout out to Kiwidundee for coming in 6th place as a solo competitor. As I think a few people found out, it's hard to compete with the teams unless you're on the water all the time. So great effort mate :thumbsup:

There will be (good) prizes (eventually), I will announce them and the sponsors at a later date. Once again, sorry for the delay!

Thanks to those that helped me with the running of the comp. This was the biggest comp I'd "managed" to date, so your support was appreciated.

I wish you all the best of luck in the 2012 comp.
The way things are looking, we are going to smash the 2011 numbers. 8-)
Poised on the edge of sanity.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Re: 2011 Teams/Solo Competition Winner Announcement Here

Post by Widsa »

:yahoo:
Congratulations to Mav and Lobo for nailing the top place, awesome effort lads!
Well done to everyone else who played the game as well, it was great to watch the entries roll in and I’m sure 2012 is going to be huge.

Special thanks to Hatters for taking control and keeping the running tally, you did a great job mate! :clap:

Now I must apologize for the delay in the prizes, as we have to ensure we have fair and even prizes for the pairs.
I have been very busy traveling around Australia and internationally, that coupled with family commitments has made it a nightmare to commit time to the forum.
So I hope you all accept my sincerest apologies, those who will be awarded the prizes will find it well worth the wait.

Well done again to all who had a crack and made it interesting, I look forward to actually posting a few up myself this year.
2012 is going to be a cracker!
Widsa.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Widsa wrote: I look forward to actually posting a few up myself this year.
2012 is going to be a cracker!
Widsa.
:yahoo: :yahoo:
0408 565 763
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Thanks haTTers & Widsa, congrats Lobo on a job well done - your Kingfish (as predicted) got us over the line, nice team effort. :yahoo:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Post by loboloco »

Awesome :D thanks haTTers for all the effort, same to Widsa and everyone else involved, and thanks mav for doing all the hard work catching most of the fish :up:

Bring on 2012 :yahoo:

Cheers
Loboloco
cheaterparts
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

well done Mav and lobo on the 2011 pairs comp win - I know we all fished hard though the comp and you guys were always going to be hard to beat

Hatters and the admin team also well done I think the comp went off quite well with out any hickups
it looks like the 2012 comp will be even bigger with some good catches already being logged
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
vikodin
kayak: 2016 Hobie Outback

Post by vikodin »

cheaterparts wrote:well done Mav and lobo on the 2011 pairs comp win - I know we all fished hard though the comp and you guys were always going to be hard to beat

Hatters and the admin team also well done I think the comp went off quite well with out any hickups
it looks like the 2012 comp will be even bigger with some good catches already being logged
x2 Congrats to Mav and Lobo for taking it out and Hatters for his big effort to run it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

I wasn't going to enter this years comp, don't have much interest in fishing comps full stop.
But after reading the posts, seeing the banter out fishing with you guys in it and seeing it's mainly just for fun and a few laughs, I'm glad i did. :thumbsup: