New Livewell rules for 2017

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Re: New Livewell rules for 2017

Post by bjspinner »

Hvalross wrote:
bjspinner wrote:As I suggested to Peter read the rules, In the phrase he choose to add to his post was without the original punctuation which changes the comment.

Like your signature at the bottom "if all else fails read the instructions" all in jest :lol:
Now thats misapplying my tennant :yahoo: BUT how in your opinion has he changed the intent of the rule? Hobie and the ABT are at pains to.be seen as caring citizens....then allow, encourage, and , by rule, mistreat :laughing1:
Didn't say he had, however it reads differently if the correct punctuation is used.

"Functioning,battery operated, intake pump" is different to "Functioning battery operated intake pump" in English believe it or not.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

Hvalross wrote:

bjspinner wrote:
As I suggested to Peter read the rules, In the phrase he choose to add to his post was without the original punctuation which changes the comment.

Like your signature at the bottom "if all else fails read the instructions" all in jest :lol:

Now thats misapplying my tennant :yahoo: BUT how in your opinion has he changed the intent of the rule? Hobie and the ABT are at pains to.be seen as caring citizens....then allow, encourage, and , by rule, mistreat :laughing1:

Didn't say he had, however it reads differently if the correct punctuation is used.

"Functioning,battery operated, intake pump" is different to "Functioning battery operated intake pump" in English believe it or not.

How about this for an interpretation.

The rule makers want you guys to have a functioning intake pump.
Oh, and they want it to be battery operated.
And, lo and behold, they want the tanks to be at least 23litres.
Easy peezy really. Doesn't matter where the commas, full stops or exclamation marks were placed.

It just looks like they want to be seen to be doing the right thing.
Whether or not it is sufficient in some peoples eyes is irrelevent at the moment.
Until they change the rules later, this is what they want now.

And, if you insert a T piece in the intake pipe (up near the top) and reduce the side intake a bit, you now have a self aerating intake.
Some nice little regulated Pana18650 li ion batteries will run the thing for ages.

Well, that's my bit for now.

Have a great Christmas festive season guys.

PS If you're worried about the mistreatment of the fish, don't go fishing.
No matter what anyone says, fishing hooks hurt like f### when they stick into flesh or fish!!!!!!!!
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

bjspinner wrote:
Hvalross wrote:
bjspinner wrote:As I suggested to Peter read the rules, In the phrase he choose to add to his post was without the original punctuation which changes the comment.

Indeed it is and the significance, and implicat, is lost on 99.99999% of readers who skim words just to obtain content and effect relative to their own needs, and skipped grammar altogether at school.

The difference, I suggest, is relevant in the High Court, or Supreme Court........a Magistrate would simply deem the intent to be the same for the purpose of the rule, in this case :roll:

Regardless of such exactitude, the actual truthful intent of the rule remains clear to me, and for me that is sufficient to reinforce my skepticism..............and keeps me out of competition of any sort. That others see things differently is ok by me, I dont like it, but accept their right to pursue their values............for now!
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

Fair enough though? Sponsors don't like seeing dead or distressed fish floating away from the weigh in. I don't want to spend that much but I will if I have to.

I don't see this as a money grab from hobie but more likely a response to a very small number of entrants who have just enough equipment and not enough fish care.

And sponsers want to see fish held for a photo.

Doesn't matter if its hobie, daiwa, atomic etc.

Thats just how the cookie crumbles.
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

Wind Waker wrote:Fair enough though? Sponsors don't like seeing dead or distressed fish floating away from the weigh in. I don't want to spend that much but I will if I have to.

I don't see this as a money grab from hobie but more likely a response to a very small number of entrants who have just enough equipment and not enough fish care.

And sponsers want to see fish held for a photo.

Doesn't matter if its hobie, daiwa, atomic etc.

Thats just how the cookie crumbles.

Yep!
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
misterpb59
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA14

Post by misterpb59 »

I contacted Steve Feilds from Hobie yesterday and he stated "you can have manual, however is also must have functioning, battery operated, intake pump. the intake must pull water from outside the tank"
I am of the same opinion about LIvewell sales.
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

http://www.indepthangler.com.au/diy/diy ... p-upgrade/

DIY elec livewell.
You guys with pa14's, do you prefer the 41lt or 55lt waeco for livewell use?
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

41 lt fits nicely.
0408 565 763
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

Wind Waker wrote:http://www.indepthangler.com.au/diy/diy ... p-upgrade/

DIY elec livewell.
You guys with pa14's, do you prefer the 41lt or 55lt waeco for livewell use?
Yep the 41, as it's an extra kilo per litre you have to pedal around all day.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
misterpb59
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA14

Post by misterpb59 »

Just like to say that I do not see the common sense in this new rule as i did have a Hobie Livewell and had nothing but problems with it as it would not work unless it was primed and the switches were always failing that is why most of the entrants when to the manual pump system which was more reliable. Reading reviews on the new one it is not much better.
Anyway i will have my kayak set up with both systems and will be interesting to see how everyone feels about the new rule at the first round at Marlo.