Waterproof Drone

Completely off topic!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Waterproof Drone

Post by maverick »

For those that haven't seen this on facebook - my new drone.

Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Re: Waterproof Drone

Post by happyas »

Wow, rather sexy. Two hobbies in one. Yakking and flying. Excellent video, I enjoyed it.
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

Does it float if you fluff a landing?
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

happyas wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 21:11 Does it float if you fluff a landing?
Yes, and the transmitter. It can sit on the water and then rotate camera downwards and film underwater. There are some good vids on youtube of it in action. I plan to improve on those.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Looks good Pete, how long does the battery last on average? and big question can you charge them on the water? I like the idea of landing on the water to film underwater.

After posting this I watched a few videos on youtube and it looks awesome, one guy even strapped a gopro to the bottom while another used it to drop his bait out past the surf, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with yours and we will have a lot of fun watching the videos you produce with it :up:
Last edited by peatop on 30 Sep 2021, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Hey Pete, Good video. Whats the resolution on the controls? Can you see birds in the distance ;)

I know you mentioend it in the video, but I must admit, the jittering of the camera when panning does set it back from the gimbal setups. Also, the speed of the Compass appears to catch the camera tracking off guard a little?

Look forward to the next vid
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

Battery life, somewhere around 12 -15 minutes I reckon, depending on how you fly it. I have 4 batteries and I changed them on the on the water easily enough.

Swellpro do make a series of bigger waterproof drones with gimbals, but the extra size and extra cost didn't appeal to me.

I have thought of hanging a gopro under it, but the video is pretty good.

The drone tracked well when following, but the circle was a little off centre when travelling. Ideally I will just use the circle function when hooked up to a fish and stationary.

They (and others) do come with bait release mechanisms, but I have a kayak for that :lol:

The video will see birds in the distance, but might be a bit hard through the live screen. Going to try and make a shroud for the screen to improve the vision. Not going to take FPV googles out on the kayak LoL.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Awesome Mav, I can't wait to see your first drone footage of a marlin jumping around the kayak. :up:
0408 565 763
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

shane wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 16:07 Awesome Mav, I can't wait to see your first drone footage of a marlin jumping around the kayak. :up:
I really hope I can get great footage of others hooked up to fish. We might need to make an agreement, I film, you catch, we share :lol: :lol: Looking vertically downwards into the cobalt blue water with a big fish hooked up would be awesome.
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

maverick wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 19:09 I really hope I can get great footage of others hooked up to fish. We might need to make an agreement, I film, you catch, we share :lol: :lol: Looking vertically downwards into the cobalt blue water with a big fish hooked up would be awesome.
I imagine seeing the size comparison to the kayak with such a trophy fish would be awesome!
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish