Waterproof Drone

Completely off topic!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Waterproof Drone

Post by peatop »

maverick wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 19:09
shane wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 16:07 Awesome Mav, I can't wait to see your first drone footage of a marlin jumping around the kayak. :up:
I really hope I can get great footage of others hooked up to fish. We might need to make an agreement, I film, you catch, we share :lol: :lol: Looking vertically downwards into the cobalt blue water with a big fish hooked up would be awesome.
Ok I shared my fish now you have to follow me around on the next trip :evilgrin: now I know what cobia feel like I'm sure I wont mistake them for sharks now :wtf: wait hmmm :shhh: I probably will :o when I send that gaff home and lift it's head outa the water to find it's a shark I will cut the head off and call it for cobia :evilgrin:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Post by outback paul »

Hey Pete, the drone looks fantastic. Only problem I can see is how are you going to change batteries with both hands busy fighting your next marlin? Might need the extra long life battery :lol:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

outback paul wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 21:36 Hey Pete, the drone looks fantastic. Only problem I can see is how are you going to change batteries with both hands busy fighting your next marlin? Might need the extra long life battery :lol:
Just put the rod in the rod holder, it will be fine. 8-)
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Paul raises a good point, in that what happens when the fish fight lasts longer than the battery
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

Reeling wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 13:57 Paul raises a good point, in that what happens when the fish fight lasts longer than the battery
I have 4 batteries. No problem changing them on the water.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Does the drone give it's GPS once battery runs out? mind you if the tax man is around he might eat it lol
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

maverick wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 18:07
Reeling wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 13:57 Paul raises a good point, in that what happens when the fish fight lasts longer than the battery
My thinking was that, if the fish fight lasts 30minutes and you hook up with 8minutes left of battery, are you likely to want to chuck the rod in a holder to get the drone back, landed, battery changed and then send it back up again.
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

maverick
Hardcore Vyaker

Post by maverick »

Reeling wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 08:23
maverick wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 18:07
My thinking was that, if the fish fight lasts 30minutes and you hook up with 8minutes left of battery, are you likely to want to chuck the rod in a holder to get the drone back, landed, battery changed and then send it back up again.
Will depend a little on the fish on the other end of the line. Even some drone footage of the fight be less boring than what I do now I reckon. Ideally I can film others catching big fish.
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

Good point, and to be honest you could cut and splice the drone footage with on board footage to make it appear like the whole fight was filmed.

Having more than one camera is the easiest way of avoiding jump cuts