Interesting read about sharks

Completely off topic!
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Interesting read about sharks

Post by Steve_R »

A little longer than necessary for online reading but a reasonable collection of bit & pieces of information about sharks.

Removing a hook down the neck of a large reef shark by hand. No thanks.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/what-do ... 564f3.html

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: Interesting read about sharks

Post by Digger »

Thanks Steve it was interesting. I’ve been interested in sharks since I started spearfishing at the age of 12.
I’ve seen a few while in the water and am fascinated by them.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Interesting read about sharks

Post by peatop »

Digger wrote: 21 May 2021, 07:26 Thanks Steve it was interesting. I’ve been interested in sharks since I started spearfishing at the age of 12.
I’ve seen a few while in the water and am fascinated by them.
Much the same as Digger I started diving at the age of 12 while on holiday at Bermagui and this got me interested in all facets of the underwater world and especially sharks which lead to me reading lots and lots of books on sharks, on a following visit to Bermagui we went to se Jaws recently released into the theater lol, I never saw sharks as man eaters and never gave them a thought before, during or after a dive.

I had never seen a shark in the water apart from on film. in books or an aquarium until I started kayak fishing :wtf: and now I see them all the time and find them fascinating but have no fear of them just respect, I often pat them as I set them free after a hookup and only once felt it was not happy about the close contact :o in saying this you have to respect them in their domain and I don't think I would be putting my hand in one's mouth to remove a hook :wtf: I usually cut them free ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm