Slight Tummy Ache

Completely off topic!
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Slight Tummy Ache

Post by happyas »

I have been MIA for a few days. I thought I was acquiring a UTI. Much stomach pain. Went to the doc's and he said I was retaining. If my bladder burst I was kaput. He sent me off to the emergency department. After blood tests etc in ED they couldn't find a bladder problem at all. A CT scan revealed a leak from my intestines into my stomach cavity. That can be deadly. I had diverticulitis. Intraveinious antibiotics for 4 days and I am home on oral antibiotics. But boy it has been a bit uncomfortable. Now I have to be careful of what I eat for a while. But I am now back and ready for action.
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Re: Slight Tummy Ache

Post by choppers »

F^*K mate, sounds nasty. wish you a speedy recovery
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

Bloody hell! Glad you’re back on track
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Sounds like a pain in the arse.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

I had a crook tummy out in the yak the other morning, turned out I desperately need to do numbers twos, no toilet paper :shock: just another trip I came home with no socks on :? :lol:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Was that a case of "sock it to me". Were the socks skid proof? Thanks for the thoughts ppl.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Good to hear you are on the mend. :clap:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

happyas wrote:I have been MIA for a few days. I thought I was acquiring a UTI. Much stomach pain. Went to the doc's and he said I was retaining. If my bladder burst I was kaput. He sent me off to the emergency department. After blood tests etc in ED they couldn't find a bladder problem at all. A CT scan revealed a leak from my intestines into my stomach cavity. That can be deadly. I had diverticulitis. Intraveinious antibiotics for 4 days and I am home on oral antibiotics. But boy it has been a bit uncomfortable. Now I have to be careful of what I eat for a while. But I am now back and ready for action.
I had that and the pain is similar to having a crook gall bladder. Very bad pain I might add. When I got it I’d just had my gall bladder removed and a couple of weeks later found my first ride in an ambulance wasn’t that much fun after all. It took 2 weeks for the local hospital to investigate (having a DVA gold card is an invitation for over servicing I suspect) I had Hepatitis and Pancreatitis caused by gastric fluids running the wrong way because a remaining gall stone was blocking things up. I ended up insisting on being transferred to Melbourne where a small operation had me fixed in a morning!

However having been through similar, I have much sympathy for what you’ve been through Larry.
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Thanks Dig. As an aside I have found some of my other aches and pains have decreased. I read somewhere that the leaked toxins can gather in joints etc and cause inflammation and pain. Maybe it is true.
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

happyas wrote: As an aside I have found some of my other aches and pains have decreased.
Great attitude, Larry. You're obviously not a misery guts.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/