NBN change over

Completely off topic!
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Re: NBN change over

Post by happyas »

Yay! Finally> Nbn tech called in today at about 2.30PM. He spent 10 minutes up the pole across the road, waited another 10 minutes and, Hey presto! we have nbn. 24 days in the making. Now we will start tackling the lack of 3g coverage.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Good news Larry!
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Thanks Rob
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Don't be too excited just because you can connect. Test your connection speed occasionally via Speedtest to ensure you are getting what you pay for
https://www.speedtest.net/
Whoever you bought from will advertise a minimum evening speed (e.g. if you bought NBN50, they may advertise 42mbps typical evening speed. If speed dips a little below occasionally, that's no big deal. If they are regularly delivering only half of what they guarantee you are copping a bad deal.

With Covid, many internet retailers are giving end users higher speed than paid (e.g. Rob's results with Aussie). If anyone is getting significantly lower than advertised, first try restarting all equipment.

happyas wrote: Now we will start tackling the lack of 3g coverage.
Great service out your way :roll:

Up this way, we saw the men in yellow jackets around the phone line pit not too far away. Broadband by the end of October is looking possible. We won't be a Guinea Pigs but will wait until neighbors say theirs is working well.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Well we aren't the first in the area with nbn. Ppl up around the corner also had dramas connecting. Not as bad as my dramas. As for 3G, well sometimes we get no reception at all. Same with 4G. I guess they are trying to push everyone on to 5G. We have had bad coverage for ever, but since the bushfires started we have had terrible coverage. I have rung Telstra on many occasions over this and have had credits applied to compensate. But it hasn't improved one little bit. We went for several weeks with almost zero coverage, getting little bursts randomly.