Happening this week

Completely off topic!
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Happening this week

Post by Steve_R »

The board topic says it. We're taking the long permanent ride back to the outskirts of Sydney :down:

The move should encourage less time on feet fishing and will give more time with Grandkids. The plan for escape of the rat race life is to take the plastic down to Cowan Creek in Kuring Gai National Park, which isn't to far away. I have fished it a few times but not enough to work it out. So, 'L' plates will be back on the kayak. It's a clean creek that snakes through beautiful sandstone country and is an enjoyable place to be even if fish aren't being co-operative. Another distraction is we will be living about 100m away from The Great North Walk, where I plan to spend a lot of Covid isolation time.

The potential nuisances in the photo mainly come to life on weekends and holidays. The advantage of being an OF is you can get on the water when they are mostly not mobile.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Re: Happening this week

Post by happyas »

What a lovely fishy looking piece of water Steve. Is the beach within striking or paddling distance? Best of both worlds.
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Re: Happening this week

Post by Steve_R »

Compared to Eden, beaches near Sydney are unattractive places. Figuring out that waterway is probably going to take priority. I didn't mention that walk takes me down to Berowra Creek. Unfortunately, too many people live on that and it is far from pristine. However, it is similar beautiful sandstone country and there are places you can disappear totally along Mangrove lined inlets However, that's not exactly cast-friendly country.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/