bloody uncomfortable long weekend

Completely off topic!
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

bloody uncomfortable long weekend

Post by happyas »

Went into hospital early Saturday morning for a TURP. (Trans urethral resection of the prostrate.) I hope it is all worth it. Bloody uncomfortable. I came home Monday night at about 8.30 PM. They pulled the catheter out at ten to six Monday morning. Got home and went for a pee and started passing blood clots. Hmmmmm I thought that could be dangerous. Back to emergency. Finally got assessed at six oclockish this morning (Tuesday). Into short term stay, (and drink lots of water) Wow finally it is starting to become somewhat normal. Still very sore though, but no blood clots. As of right now I have been awake 34 hours. now that was not a nice way to spend a long weekend.
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Re: bloody uncomfortable long weekend

Post by westy »

Hi Larry, hope you're feeling better, bleeding can go on for a while, after all you did have a re bore.
Just take it easy for a month, but shouldn't stop you from fishing :D ,at least you had it done the right time of the year and wont miss snapper season :evilgrin: .
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Ouch, im not sure if i could pee for a week after something has been inserted there :wtf: however i hear there is a group up your way(montrose i think the report said) that get into putting things into those places :o im sure you could google it if interested :evilgrin:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Glad to hear you are coming good Larry sounds like crappy way to spend a weekend.
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Thanks people. 24 hours later and I am starting to feel a bit more human. Things have settled down a bit. Starting to head towards my nickname. Having had a rebore, does it mean I will be more powerful and faster?
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

happyas wrote:Having had a rebore, does it mean I will be more powerful and faster?
That depends on whether you went oversize and did the port and polish, added bigger jets, better intake, a balance here and there, you get the picture ;) but simply ask the wife :evilgrin:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

happyas wrote:Thanks people. 24 hours later and I am starting to feel a bit more human. Things have settled down a bit. Starting to head towards my nickname. Having had a rebore, does it mean I will be more powerful and faster?

Hey Larry;
It's great to hear thing are on the right track and the discomfort is abating.
We can all make jokes about 'that area', but I have no doubt that it is a very confronting and possibly scary experience.
With all that has been going on in the 'Larry' camp recently, I hope that this small hiccup will sort itself out quickly.
We all wish you a full and speedy recovery. :up:
E
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

I could only imagine how uncomfortable that must be Larry, hopefully you will be back on track and have a line in the water soon
happyas
Lord of the fish

Post by happyas »

Thank you so much for the thoughts and comments guys. It is comforting to know that people care. I am sure that I will be faster because the wife reckons that they added a blower behind the engine.
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Post by outback paul »

Hi Larry, best wishes on your speedy recovery and improved performance :up: Now I know what to expect, as I'm just about to hit the waiting list myself for the same procedure :o Probably be a year or so before my it's my turn.