Back again

New? Say G'Day here!
Yak Hooks Global
kayak: Wildy Thresher

Back again

Post by Yak Hooks Global »

Hey all, back again after a lengthy absence. Got a new name though, no more PoddyMullet...he's a ghost yak now. :thumbsup:
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Re: Back again

Post by bjspinner »

Hi Yak Hooks Global welcome to the forum,please use the search function to look up shark captures in Western Port as there is a wealth of information on this site :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Welcome back he who once was called Poddymullet :clap:
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Yak Hooks Global

Will do bjspinner...sounds interesting :thumbsup: :D

Hey ya, Cheats. How's the shoulders treating ya? :wave1:
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Yak Hooks Global wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 08:20 Hey ya, Cheats. How's the shoulders treating ya? :wave1:
not a problem they are getting younger every day - I probably do more paddling than ever as I joined the vis sea kayak club and been paddling with these guys a bit
been doing the Thursday night paddle with them ( normally a 10 - 12 km paddle after work ) they pretty much paddle in all conditions except lightning

for example 2 thursdays back we paddled from woolleys beach to Tankerton jetty and back with a 10 - 15 kt SW wind and outgoing tide - pretty sloppy across the main channel I can tell you

So on top of fishing I'm working on staying match fit ---- have you been getting out
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Welcome back Podstar!

Hope you have been kicking ass mate.
Still hunting those Eagle rays in the Port with handlines, or have you progressed to Mako on handlines now? :lol:
Look forward to reading your fine reports again.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
Yak Hooks Global

Cheats, good to hear ya busting Southerlies! How's Tassie or a Murray Marathon looking.....bet they've both crossed ya mind more than once! :thumbsup:

Hiya Widsa, Ha...the handline has been stuck away. But now you've reminded me of it I'll have to give it a run. It's got some pedigree, it's an Alvey HC10 (from memory). I once spoke to Bruce Alvey about it and he told me the shape is retained on an original wooden Ian Butterworth design that can't be beat. I've got a spare one with ya name on it provided YOU drop it for Eagles and Take It to the Limit! Just take Hoit with ya, I seem to recall a trip where a decent one headed straight back at him and leapt from the water in the process. But maybe I have a creative memory. So none of what I have just said maybe true! :roll:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

The angler formerly known as Poddy.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Yak Hooks Global

One too many l's Pete. Just the anger formerly known as Poddy. :thumbsup:
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Yak Hooks Global wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 17:51 How's Tassie or a Murray Marathon looking.....bet they've both crossed ya mind more than once! :thumbsup:
both take to much time off work - done a couple of smaller paddle challenges - Gippsland paddle challenge ( metung to lakes ) twice just the smaller 13 km event and the paddle leg of Adventurethon 19 km from memory

not sure if I'm doing the Gippsland event this year in late April as its not long after a week fishing up north @ SWR
My kayak PBs

cheater
0402 208 657