About to be a yak owner

New? Say G'Day here!
whambamsam
kayak: Hobie Outback 2020

About to be a yak owner

Post by whambamsam »

Hi forum - picking up a hobie outback 2020 next weekend! Finally got tired of rubbing shoulders on crowded piers.

Very excited! Also thinking of using the yak as a platform for snorkeling for scallops/spearfishing. Would love to get some hot tips on good areas for beginners.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: About to be a yak owner

Post by maverick »

Congrats on the purchase.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Welcome to the rest of your life Sam :thumbsup: i just love the new outback, what area you from? This would help in who's going to lead you astray ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Pinoyatoz
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Compass

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Welcome to VYak! I'm a newbie kayak owner myself. I found plenty of useful info and advise here from fellow experience yakers.
I hope you know that you'll probably spend another grand or two pimping your new yak. ;)
Hope you catch plenty of fish.
Remember, safety first.
whambamsam

Post by whambamsam »

peatop wrote:Welcome to the rest of your life Sam :thumbsup: i just love the new outback, what area you from? This would help in who's going to lead you astray ;)

Thanks! I'm in Wantirna (eastern suburbs), so generally fishing around Mornington Peninsula.
whambamsam

Post by whambamsam »

Pinoyatoz wrote:Welcome to VYak! I'm a newbie kayak owner myself. I found plenty of useful info and advise here from fellow experience yakers.
I hope you know that you'll probably spend another grand or two pimping your new yak. ;)
Hope you catch plenty of fish.
Remember, safety first.
Oof it's way too late... hahaha alright spent a bunch. It's surprisingly how quickly little things add up - drift chut, flag, fish finder, rod holders :lol: