Greetings from the West...

New? Say G'Day here!
Pinoyatoz
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Compass

Greetings from the West...

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Hi fellow yakkers,

A newbie fisho yakker here but been landbase fishing for years. I decided to take my fishing to the next level hence, bought myself a Hobie Compass. I went to Campbells Cove on my maiden voyage to familiarise myself with the yak and practice my re-entry drill. Also, I learnt fairly quickly that you have to be very organise to be successful in this caper.
Here's hoping to learn plenty from everyone here.
I would appreciate it if some experienced yakkers would show me the ropes. So, please let me know if you need company in your next planned trip. Happy to travel to meet fellow VYakkers.
Cheers, Manny
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Re: Greetings from the West...

Post by Widsa »

Welcome aboard Manny,
Keep an eye out on the fishing trips section or start your own trip in there.
Plenty of members are happy to share their knowledge here and enjoy the company.
Tight lines.

Will.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
Pinoyatoz

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Thanks so much Will...
Learnt heaps from the forum already.

Cheers!
Robthepom
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Robthepom »

I'm pretty new to it myself bud, I'm thinking about heading out Sunday morning if you're up for it? Winds are looking good (finally)
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Welcome Manny. Lots of youtube videos on this forum if you look at the "Movie Theatre" section, that may be of interest on those days when it is too windy too fish.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Pinoyatoz

Post by Pinoyatoz »

@Rob - I'm sorry mate I'm currently in Brisbane this week. Hence, I'm not available this weekend. Please please do not stop asking me to go out fishing... 8 out 10 I'll be available and willing to travel to gain more experience and/or knowledge on water or at a water hole.

@Pete - I've already came across your Youtube videos mate albeit by accident. I'm a fan... I would love to catch some snapper with you someday. Hope to learn a few tricks of the trade from you mate. Cheers!
ecoronad
kayak: native watercraft ultimate 12

Post by ecoronad »

Hey Manny, glad to see another filo kayaker on here. A couple of my pinoy friends have kayaks, but we're based in the southeast, and usually fish around SE PPB or WPB. Occasionally, I'll head over to the west when winds are favourable. And sometimes will also do some fresh. Hope you catch heaps of fish.
Pinoyatoz

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Hi Erwin, Please let me know when you plan to head out next and I'll tag along if you don't mind. My interstate travels should die down nearing Christmas hence, I'll be able to go fishing more often. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person soon mate. Cheers!
benc120382
kayak: 4.3

Post by benc120382 »

Welcome Manny I hope you will find plenty of useful information on forums as I did. Kayak I fishing can quickly become an addiction when I’m not out fishing I’m often in the garage tinkering away with upgrades to my setup.

Be safe and I hope you catch plenty :up:
Pinoyatoz

Post by Pinoyatoz »

Thanks Ben! Learnt heaps from here already... wonderful community of yakkers. We live around the same area. Here's hoping you'll hit me up if you need company on the water. Cheers!