Not new but back

New? Say G'Day here!
Macey
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Generic 12 foot paddle yak terrapin xl

Not new but back

Post by Macey »

After several years away from yak fishing, I’m back into it!
Buggered my shoulder paddling back in from lysaughts a few years back, ended up having a reconstruction, sold my yak and bought a stink boat, then a slightly bigger stink boat! On the plus side I learnt a lot more about fishing WPB when able to cover ground so quickly in a boat with a motor.
Anyway, had to sell the boat early this year and have missed fishing badly.
I was going to get a Hobie as I was nervous about my other shoulder but couldn’t justify the money.
Ended up buying a cheap second hand paddle yak off gumtree, basically the same boat as SLH sells as the Kawahai 12.
So far I’ve spent more on rodholders than the boat lol.
Built a kayak trolley for 50 bucks, found a dinghy trailer dumped on the side of my road, did it up and now have a trailer to tow my yak rather than having to get it on top of the 4wd. Bought a 100meter dive reel second hand for 50 bucks, a 2.5 kg grapnel and some chain, a buoy and some 7 mm cord, some para cord and a couple of pulleys and built a quick release anchor system and anchor trolley. Liberated a milk create and cable tied a couple of rod holders I had knocking around. Diy’d a baitboard/tackle box storage center console from marine ply and a chopping board from the kitchen.... Including a couple of hundred bucks on rod holders and mounts I reckon I’ve got a well set up yak on a trailer with a kayak trolley for around 600 bucks!
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: Not new but back

Post by Babylon »

Welcome back its hard to stay away. Cheers JIm
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Not new but back

Post by peatop »

Nice work :up: and welcome back
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm