Hi friendlies!

New? Say G'Day here!
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Re: Hi friendlies!

Post by spider25160 »

Hi Dave welcome to the fold. I live in Portland so almost anytime I launch it is an offshore outing. My first yak was a Hobie outfitter which was great to take swmbo out when she wanted but as that was once or twice a year it really did not suit. My second Yak I chose the PA14. Would have been the 12 but as I was 110kgs I needed the extra load capacity. My first serious outing on the PA was a nearly 40 km round trip out of Port Fairy with Lobo. Now I am no athlete and I was not match fit in any way shape or form and so had difficulty walking for a couple of days after that but at no time on that or any subsequent offshore sojourns did I have any concerns about the capability of the PA in any conditions except when I had to punch directly into a 35 to 40 knot squall one day. I believe your PA 12 would be just as capable so long as you are not as heavy as me. I have since upgraded to an AI purely because I am no athlete and not getting any younger the distances that I have to travel around here I need the sail.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo: