New? Say G'Day here!
Aus_wpn
kayak: 2016 hobie PA 14

Post by Aus_wpn »

Hey guys. Newbie here names Colin.

Ive just recently got myself a hobie pa 14. I live in the altona area and have made a few trips down at millers rd. Seen and met plenty of yakkers so i thought id say hi and introduce myself.

Would love to catch up with some of the blokes on here to learn as much as i can and take on board any advice and experience.

Hopefully i can put up a few reports on here.

Cheers guys.
Snapper - 40cm (altona) Flathead - 47cm (altona)
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Re: Newbie

Post by Hammertime »

Aus_wpn wrote:Hey guys. Newbie here names Colin.

Ive just recently got myself a hobie pa 14. I live in the altona area and have made a few trips down at millers rd. Seen and met plenty of yakkers so i thought id say hi and introduce myself.

Would love to catch up with some of the blokes on here to learn as much as i can and take on board any advice and experience.

Hopefully i can put up a few reports on here.

Cheers guys.
Welcome to the club Colin, the usual greeting goes along with the advice to check out the safety section (wind/reentries/etc).

I'll be down Altona as much as possible over the next few months, but as luck would have it have family getting married and wedding duties that will halt a few of the trips.

Anyway enjoy and hopefully you get onto a few snaps.
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Welcome Colin, good time to get into it down that way, seems to be a few big reds around.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Aus_wpn
kayak: 2016 hobie PA 14

Post by Aus_wpn »

Thanks guys.

I had a look at the safety section some very good information.
Snapper - 40cm (altona) Flathead - 47cm (altona)