Hey there

New? Say G'Day here!
Viders
kayak: Kayak2Fish

Hey there

Post by Viders »

Hi all Viders here.

I’m new to the kayaking world (well about 12 months). I love my freshwater fishing predominantly chasing trout on lure and fly. I received my kayak for my 50th last year (3mt Kayak2Fish) which is simple, stable and have enjoyed kitting it out with a fish finder, electric motor etc. Enjoy getting to many spots to fish where once it was out of reach.
Most of my fishing is done around Eildon, central Victoria ( Tullaroop, Upper Coliban, Lauriston, Barkers Creek Res) of which all have recently been open to kayak/canoe access. Haven’t mustered the courage yet to float on salt water, but might start small and try for some whiting and flatties at Swan Bay near Queenscliff. That might do me for now :)

Anyway look forward being part of vyak sharing and reading the experience out there. Hope to see you on the water :thumbsup:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Hey there

Post by peatop »

Welcome Michael, you with find swan bay mostly suitable to your kayak as its well protected, however watch out as easterlys rip it up a lot.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm