Off the Yak Topic

Show off your DIY project!
Kamikaze
Apprentice
kayak: Sit in Fibre Glass

Off the Yak Topic

Post by Kamikaze »

Howdy y'all.

This will go off the Topic of Yak DIY but I thought I should quickly mention that I took bigyakka away from the yak for the weekend to help me build a verandah for my folks (so its still kinda DIY?). Does not sound exciting does it! And trust me when we where setting up all the tools on Saturday morning around 6:30 am and there was not even a zephyr I was feeling like a bit of a prick for dragging him out to Wallan. (I think I heard him cough it out a couple of times! :twisted: )... So as we sat and stared out towards the bay and thought how good a time all you other blokes would be having we got into it. Now I will not bore you with the details of building this thing step by step and get down to the crux of it.
In two days bigyakka (with minimal help from yours truely) managed to construct something that can now be seen from the moon, a 48sq meter verandah that would make most sporting clubs annexes look insignificant in comparison, this thing is 16m long and 3m deep. Not only is it the biggest Verandah I have ever seen but its also rock solid and Square!!! (I know a few builders that don't know the meaning of square! :o ) This is why I asked a Cabinet Maker to give me a hand ;) . I just wanted to quickly give bigyakka a huge thumbs up and say cheers mate your a hell of a bloke for giving up your time when really we both could have been out there draggin in a few fishies.
I have attached a few photo's of the big mans work for you all to marvel at.
Verandah 1.jpg
Verandah 2.jpg
If that is the quality of his work out side of his trade I can't wait until he renovates my Kitchen!!
And if you are wondering, no I am not his publicist just appreciative of finally seeing a master craftsman at work.
Good work by you bigyakka!

Cheers
Bjorn
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Off the Yak Topic

Post by maverick »

nice work G.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by twavvy »

Very impressive mate. It took me a few weeks just to do a deck, so you guys should be very proud of yourselves! :)
Trav
nasman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback & Wavedance Sierra

Post by nasman »

Well done bigyakka. I have been putting of my carport and now I don't know that i can trust my builder mates. There is a slab of beer waiting for you at my place when you finish my carport.
Regards,
Nasman.
Outback Fisherman
><((((º>......><((((º>.....<º))))><.....<º))))><
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

That looks pretty shmick! nice work.

Gota love a big deck!

Poised on the edge of sanity.
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Thanks Bjorn, yes it was unfortunate to miss out on a fish but we had a mission and luckily we smashed it in one weekend :D Thanks for your help and our next trip up there has to have 18 holes of golf involved :D
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Just stay away from tigers favourite 18 holes! That can get you im bother! Nice work mate.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
gummyshark
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: o k p 13 flame

Post by gummyshark »

hi, Bjorn wow sure looks great, nothing better than being out there
in the fresh air, having a drink, good shade and great protection from the rain if we get any :lol:
great for parties. good onya bigyakka a real tradsman :D