Anchor running rig

Show off your DIY project!
James Duke
The force is strong in this one
kayak: none at the moment

Anchor running rig

Post by James Duke »

Here is a running rig that I fitted to my old Xfactor. I am about to fit one to the X13 and went back to reference this, so I thought I would share it as some of you might find it useful at some stage one day.

Mine did not exactley work out cheap due to the fact that I could not find any standard stainless steel pulleys in a small enough size. I ended up purchasing 3 Harken 16mm Ultra light/Ultra load pulleys (http://www.harken.com) from BCF, which are a high speed pulley designed for rigging and sailing. At $27 ea, the whole process quickly turned expensive, but the extra quality should be worth it.

I purchased 10m of 6mm soft poly rope for the rig itself, and 1m of 6mm shock cord to add at each end to take some of the strain of the saddles.
In the middle I added a smaller size stainless steel carabina to clip the anchor/drift chute rope in and out of.

The photo's are pretty self expanatory on how to do it yourself, and as you can see, I run my rig pretty tight so that when it is in the stowed position, there is no loose rope to catch on anything.

Hope this helps
Attachments
nice_and_tidy_852.jpg
stowed_position_194.jpg
rear_975.jpg
front_110.jpg
Regards,

James
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: Anchor running rig