Electric anchor winch mount

Show off your DIY project!
Inky1986
kayak: Aquaglide blackfoot

Electric anchor winch mount

Post by Inky1986 »

During the iso period I decided to build an anchor mount for my sib, I picked up a no brand remote winch off fleabay.

I scoured the internet for some plans that were possible but only found working mounts available for purchase so based my concept on those, for the most part utilizing the front d ring for support when pulling up the anchor.
Attachments
DSC_0133.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Electric anchor winch mount

Post by peatop »

Most kayakers use anchor trollies, (a rope that runs in a loop the length of the kayak supported either end by a pully) this allows you to set the anchor and move it to anywhere along the kayak. Using an electric winch not only requires power (one of the biggest issues on a kayak) but limits you to anchoring from only one area. Although not saying it a bad idea, just not sure it suits a kayak :thumbsup:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Inky1986
kayak: Aquaglide blackfoot

Post by Inky1986 »

Totally hear you peatop, it's for my little 3m inflatable boat, I wouldn't use it on my yak, was just something I wanted to share as a diy project over the isolation period.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Needs to be powerful enough to raise an anchor yet be sensitive enough to stop if anchor snags before it tips boat over. Anchors often need a bit of tugging to free them to start them off, not sure how a winch can do this safely. You may have to manually get it off the bottom then just use a winch once its free.