Stainless Steel Fasteners Screws Washers Nuts

Show off your DIY project!
chillihilli
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Perception Swing

Stainless Steel Fasteners Screws Washers Nuts

Post by chillihilli »

I've had a devil of a time finding those little packets of metric screws, nyloc nuts and washers. After hunting around Bunnies, Super Crap Auto and various other places I decided to let my mouse do the walking online.

For reference, the main item I have looked for are M6 metric countersunk screws x 25mm long, with M6 nyloc nuts and washers all in 316 marine grade stainless. For the screws I have paid between $4.00 and $6.75 for a packet of 4 :shock: :o I have also seen nyloc nuts at Whitworths for $11 per packet of 10.

So I found them online at:
http://www.boltsnutsscrewsonline.com out of Queensland. Check out the prices below, I bought enough to keep stock for the future:

Product Price Qty Subtotal
316 DIN965 CSK PH: M6 X 25 0.39 24 9.36 (this is a countersunk machine screw M6 8 25)
316 S/S FLAT WASHER: M6 0.08 24 1.92
316 DIN985 NYLON INSERT: M6 0.21 24 5.04 (M6 nyloc nuts.. never seen them this cheap)
316 STS CSK PHIL: #6 X 1-1/4 0.11 24 2.64 (6 gauge countersunk self tapper 1 and 1/4 inch)
316 STS PAN PHIL: #6 X 1-1/4 0.19 24 4.56 (6 gauge pan head self tapper 1 and 1/4 inch)
Subtotal 23.52
Shipping 8.00
Grand Total 31.52
Amount Paid 31.52

I will post a follow up when received to comment on the service, but at these prices, it would take a lot to upset me. $8 delivery is quite reasonable. I would have spent that in petrol looking around for them locally.

Enjoy.
chillihilli

Re: Stainless Steel Fasteners Screws Washers Nuts

Post by chillihilli »

Just to close this out the bolts and nuts arrived Friday - ie in good time. Great service and will certainly use them again.
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Hi Pete,

I was in the same situation. I managed to find some stuff at Anchor Marine (Sandringham) as they have a reasonable selection.

But then I found a place called Cost Less Bolts in Moorabbin (the also have a shop in Ringwood, I think) and they have everything...

www.costlessbolts.com.au

Cheers,

Mike.
chillihilli

Post by chillihilli »

mingle wrote:Hi Pete,

I was in the same situation. I managed to find some stuff at Anchor Marine (Sandringham) as they have a reasonable selection.

But then I found a place called Cost Less Bolts in Moorabbin (the also have a shop in Ringwood, I think) and they have everything...

http://www.costlessbolts.com.au

Cheers,

Mike.

Thanks Mike, much appreciated. I'm in Essendon so it's a little far afield, but I do get out that side of town regularly. I'll check them out and stock up next time I'm out there.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

chillihilli wrote:I've had a devil of a time finding those little packets of metric screws, nyloc nuts and washers. After hunting around Bunnies, Super Crap Auto and various other places I decided to let my mouse do the walking online.

Enjoy.
I know this may sound silly but why dont you just use a bolt shop there are plenty of them around
instead of going to places that dont know what they are doing

as Drifta has pointed out Bretty works in a Bolt shop Geelong direction , I'm sure he could put you straight with stainless bolts

a quick search shows a few shops around your area

Bolts, Nuts, Fasteners, Rivets, Stainless Steel, Screws, Lanotec ...
http://www.boltmasters.com.auStructural Bolt, Nuts & Washers Stainless Steel Fasteners ... Melbourne +61 3 9338 2066 Email: sales@boltmasters.com.au. Accounts +61 7 3399 2488 option 2
11/ 6 Barrie Rd, Tullamarine · (03) 9338 2066Website · Directions.Keables Pty Ltd

http://www.keables.com.au/
2185 A'Beckett St, Melbourne · (03) 9321 6400Website · Directions.THE BOLT SHOP & INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES PTY LTD

http://www.theboltshopmelbourne.com.au/
3Thor Complex 11 Thor Crt, Keilor East · (03) 9336 0406
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Guys the post is 3 years old the guy that brought it back was pulling a shifty and has been warned and his post removed.Babylon
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Post by Hammertime »

Where do people buy their supplies from these days? Looking for something near pascoe Vale
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Bunnings have a lot of 316 stainless bolts etc. If they don't uave them then CH Smith or Whitworths usually do. Failing that online.
0408 565 763
Hammertime
Lord of the fish
kayak: 2015 Yellow Outback

Post by Hammertime »

shane wrote:Bunnings have a lot of 316 stainless bolts etc. If they don't uave them then CH Smith or Whitworths usually do. Failing that online.
I've picked up a secondhand PA14, so I have a decent amount of fitout that I need to do all over again. I'd prefer not to support bunnings if at all possible. So going to either go online or one of the bolt shops out this way, just wondering if anyone had any advice
Flathead - 56cm - Lorne, Southern Calamari - 33cm - Avalon, Gum 130cm - Altona, Snapper 68cm Altona
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

A B Bolts settlement rd thomastown. Dont have to buy packs each bolt washer sold in whatever quantity you want. Just take along closest match and they will see what they have in SS. Even take the fitting see what fits best. Decent range of SS clips carbiners etc.