Kayak Fishing Unboxed INFORMATION Videos

The weather sites to check before heading out
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Kayak Fishing Unboxed INFORMATION Videos

Post by maverick »

Hi VYAKers, I am putting together a new series of kayak fishing videos without any fishing. The videos will be more about kayaking and fishing, rather than just videos of fish being caught. This first video in a bit of a light hearted way is about helping newbies learn more about the wind and weather and what may be suitable for them, as they move through the learning process. There will be plenty of safety videos, as well as interviews with many different kayakers and as the title says, some unboxing of new kayak gear so stay tuned.

Please watch the video and share it with anyone you think may need a little more information about weather before they go out. I am also happy for any feedback about the video, good or bad.

Last edited by maverick on 01 Jul 2020, 13:34, edited 4 times in total.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Re: Kayak Fishing Unboxed

Post by Reeling »

maverick wrote:Hi VYAKers, I am putting together a new series of kayak fishing videos without any fishing. [/youtube]
Sounds like one of my fishing reports without any fish :)
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Great video Pete, good explination but got a bit worried when the plain blew up over werribee as l was going there soon but l guess it's gone now :lol:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

You make some interesting points about smaller kayaks but have you considered that they're stable as bro, no worries, just buy a set of stabilisers and you're good to go?
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Yep, jokes aside, great video. well explained and I personally learnt a few things too. gets my thumbs up
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
Magpie_Mick
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Thresher 140

Post by Magpie_Mick »

I agree that it is very helpful. Perhaps having the km to knots discussion earlier and using a pen that was a bit easier to see would be an improvement.

When I did a session at Sandringham before getting my kayak the one thing that has stuck in my head is "Lee is your friend".
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Great work Peter.
Very well presented and look forward to future videos.
Once you have a collection perhaps we make a section in the safety and leave it there as a sticky for people to easily find a reference.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Magpie_Mick wrote:I agree that it is very helpful. Perhaps having the km to knots discussion earlier and using a pen that was a bit easier to see would be an improvement.

When I did a session at Sandringham before getting my kayak the one thing that has stuck in my head is "Lee is your friend".
No! Leigh is my son :lol:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Excellent answers many of the questions newbies often ask. i i sure it will be referenced many times over..hey you might even save a life, and definitely some stressful times. :thumbsup:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Magpie_Mick wrote:I agree that it is very helpful. Perhaps having the km to knots discussion earlier and using a pen that was a bit easier to see would be an improvement.

Cheers Mick good points. I couldn't change the pen size the way I was doing it, only the colour.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.