Entering the PA world

Show off your kayak!
DaveCandy
Apprentice
kayak: Pro Angler 14

Entering the PA world

Post by DaveCandy »

A change in life circumstances saw me sell my motorbike, and to fill the void that that left (in the garage), I went and met up with another vyak member to check out his 2013 PA14

The breaking point for me when using my RTM K-Largo was fishing out at Wendouree, having to pick up the paddling pace in order to drift over the channel marker cross-ropes while pulling up my lines (or forgetting to), just to drop them back out again once past, at this stage slowing down to an almost crawl. Meanwhile, my brother on his PA14 casually peddles past - enough is enough.

Upon meeting up with the vyak member, everything he said was true, this kayak has sat unused for a while - remnants of the dust that would have been sitting on it settled in the corners of the hull after an attempt to give it a clean prior to my arrival, the battery, once I had it home, sitting at a lazy 6v, this was the first thing that I changed over, the Elite 5 sounder blazing to life shortly after.

Gave it a good thorough clean, and set to work modifying my trailer to suit, 75mm PVC skids and RhinoRack kayak holders mounted directly to the frame;

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Entering the PA world

Post by peatop »

Looking good, i know you will enjoy getting the use out of it :up:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

No excuses now you have to go an outfish bro...

Catch you on the water sometime Dave, fished with Tim a few times myself :thumbsup:
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

laneends wrote:No excuses now you have to go an outfish bro...

Catch you on the water sometime Dave, fished with Tim a few times myself :thumbsup:
You would know Keith, you certainly don’t have to be a pro to outfish me :lol:
DaveCandy
Apprentice
kayak: Pro Angler 14

Post by DaveCandy »

laneends wrote:No excuses now you have to go an outfish bro...

Trust me, if I don't outfish him, I'll hear about it!
Don't like my chances though.