New kayak

Show off your kayak!
Richmc
Apprentice
kayak: Tamar fishing kayak

New kayak

Post by Richmc »

image.jpeg
Tested out my new kayak on the weekend. After readin a bit of the safety section I was a bit more confident this time. Brought a proper anchor which helped went down to Shoreham caught a lot of wrasse but also caught my biggest flatty 47cm
This is become more of an addiction then a hobby it's great. Brought a cheap GoPro off gumtree now to mount it and get some cool footage.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Re: New kayak

Post by westy »

well done Richard, got to hate those wrasse though always catch about 50 down there, just a tip, those bigger flatties are in shallow, just let the big girls go though :thumbsup:
Richmc
Apprentice

Post by Richmc »

Yer I was only in the shellows really prob say 3 meters not to far out as only beginning on the yak didn't want to go to deep on my own. I don't normally bring fish home this was a one off lol never caught a flat head at cooked it up so wanted to be able to say I have done it now Will let the big girls go from now on don't worry about that. Do you fish that area very often
cobby
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie i9s

Post by cobby »

Nice Rocky. Plenty of them down there. I wouldn't be to worried about keeping a feed of those at that size, arguably the best eating of all Flathead.

There's some big 60+cm Blue Spots (yanks) around there too if you're lucky enough to find them
Richmc
Apprentice

Post by Richmc »

60cm that's huge I'll be heading back more often so much better fishing from the kayak can get out that bit further the. You would from the furf ; ) love it
itsjason
kayak: 2.95 fishing kayak

Post by itsjason »

Hi mate, ive got a similar type kayak, just wondering if you have more photos and how it handles in the water? Im looking at going out stoney point.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

itsjason wrote:Hi mate, ive got a similar type kayak, just wondering if you have more photos and how it handles in the water? Im looking at going out stoney point.
Hi Jason, this is a pretty old post, introduce yourself in the "say G'day" section http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

We here often advise people to read through the safety section as this sport can be very dangerous, one of the dangers is having a kayak ill equipped for the type and area they intend fishing.

Join in on some trips others post in the "fishing trips" thread http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=22 or post your own, there are quite a few in here that fish western port bay
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm