hobie adventure leak warranty claim review

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: hobie adventure leak warranty claim review

Post by Ghurkin »

viperdevil wrote:How much water inside the hull is normal :?: I have a Hobie outfitter and i get about 4 litre of water after a 4 -5 hour trip.....is this normal? Ghurkin had a look last time when i was in the water and said the water is going in through the rudder rope hole. Thinking if i need to get the yak to my dealer to get it checked.

when you where two up last time Praz youre rudder cable holes spent most of the time under water, without actually leak testing it Im guessing that may be a cause of water in the hull.
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
aspen
The force is strong in this one
kayak: White Mystique

Post by aspen »

I agree that there should be no water in the hull.. its hazardous.. heh.. my hobie oasis hull manages to stay dry... quite a decent yak.. i fell that the tandems look better built thanthe singles.. maybe just my imagination.. i have heard more complaints about hobie mirage kayaks compared to all the other kayaks in the market combined... i hope their after market warranty customer service can make up for all their manufacturing defects . Lol
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Post by viperdevil »

Ghurkin wrote:
when you where two up last time Praz youre rudder cable holes spent most of the time under water, without actually leak testing it Im guessing that may be a cause of water in the hull.
Hi Steve,

Is there anything i can do to stop the water going into the rudder cable hole? or only option is to lose weight :oops:
Praz
Conta
kayak: Hobie sport

Post by Conta »

Had my Sport for two weeks when the drive length adjustment pin slipped out under pressure and snapped the next three holes.
Took it back to dealer and he replaced the drive cam on the spot. No such problem since with drive only the lack of fish caught.
Customer service I received from SLH could not be better.
neilmny
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outfitter 2010 (Yum Yum)

Post by neilmny »

viperdevil wrote:
Ghurkin wrote:
Hi Steve,

Is there anything i can do to stop the water going into the rudder cable hole? or only option is to lose weight :oops:
Praz, I've got an Outfitter and weigh 89kg. (not bragging cause I was shitloads heavier 9 months ago and still would be if my heart hadn't decided it didn't want to play anymore). On my own I always have ballast in the front which kind of helps to keep the bow down and the stern up. In still water the water comes up to almost floor level in the drive well. This might give you a lead. With 2 up (the missus or my son in law so far) the water is a bit above the floor level around the drive well. The Outfitter doesn't have a lot of freeboard but I haven't had any go over the top as yet. I haven't been out in really rough water either. I will try tyo observe how high above the water the steering ropes are next time out.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

viperdevil wrote:
Ghurkin wrote:
Hi Steve,

solo I dont think it will be a problem, two up if I was you I would sit in the front and have your friend ifd hes lighter sit in the back, then get someone to take a photo, the problem might also occur when two up and anchored from the stern with some WP chop on a windy day. also lay of the maccas dude :lol:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Post by wokka1 »

maverick wrote:
GoneFishn wrote:To me any amount of water in a yak is not normal.
x 2.
X 3. A thimble full might get in when opening the centre hatch now and again and if you continually have water coming over the stern or bow from waves then maybe a little will leak through the hatch seals, but it should be minimal. Litres of water ain't right.
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
neilmny
Square eyes

Post by neilmny »

Yep 3 hours on the water in the Outfitter today and the only water in there was what I spilled putting water into my tranny wet mount.
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

neilmny wrote:Yep 3 hours on the water in the Outfitter today and the only water in there was what I spilled putting water into my tranny wet mount.
Tranny wet mount :lol: :lol:

I sometimes had a litre in the PA but it was when i had waves over the bow. The front hatch on the PA sucks!
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
neilmny
Square eyes

Post by neilmny »

herbie wrote:
neilmny wrote:Yep 3 hours on the water in the Outfitter today and the only water in there was what I spilled putting water into my tranny wet mount.
Tranny wet mount :lol: :lol: .....
Sick puppy :lol: :lol: