Re-Entry - Not According to Plan

Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Re: Re-Entry - Not According to Plan

Post by Rhino »

Rhino wrote:I'm not sure how long the reel will last after a fair old dunking, but if you can identify it and want it back I have it.
It's fatal. :!:
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

Mustafa wrote:I think you summed it up well Andrew.. so many things that can get in your way when trying to remount.

Regarding the waves, there were no white caps that I could see but the conditions were 'rough'. It didn't seem that way from the beach though. I still don't understand how the BOM can rate that at half a metre..

I just feel like an idiot because I should have practiced a capsize long time ago..
You are still here and kicking around mate so don't beat yourself up too much about it. I am sure that you will be out practising re-entries soon and will be much better for the experience.

good on you for letting everyone know about it too
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
manonaquest

Post by manonaquest »

some important info i've learned over the past 10 years yak fishin in and around fraser island before i moved to vic, in the event of an accidental roll over dont worry about recovering gear until your back on your yak then make the decission whether or not its safe to procceed to collect your gear, as unfortunate as it is to loose gear its better to loose a rod than loose your life, as an unfortunate freind of mine once learnt, as for lost rods they make accessories leashes for that purpose, there's no shame in towing all your S#!^ to the shoreline if thats the best you can do at the time, at least your going home in one piece, ALWAYS wear your PFD,dont take it off coz its easier to swim around to pick up your stuff that is an old aged FATAL mistake.