Twice baked spuds

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Twice baked spuds

Post by Ghurkin »

1 or 2 big spuds per person
fried diced bacon bits
creme cheese
grated tasty cheese
garlic salt
oilve oil.

wash and prick spuds all over, in a tray coat with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt, bake in a hot oven or in my case a weber bbq for about 45 minutes.
using a teatowel to hold the hot spuds cut them in half lengthways, then using a spoon scoop out most of the potato "meat" leaving about a 6mm shell with the peel on, dont be pedantic about the thickness just make a sizeable hollow in the spud halves,
dont worry if its not quite cooked all the way through, as long as you can scoop it out thats all that matters.

mix the scooped out potato with grated cheese (lots), creme cheese and half the bacon bits, use a potato masher then whip it up with a fork.

fill each potato shell with the mixed potato/cheese/bacon mixture, sprinkle some more bacon bits and grated cheese on top and bung them back in the oven for about 20- 30 minutes till they go all golden brown and you cant leave them any longer.

these never last long at my place and everybody loves them, especially reheated the next day for lunch.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hungry yet?? enjoy :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
fishophil
Lord of the fish
kayak: Kingfisher & 2013 Hobie Outback.. and 3 more..

Re: Twice baked spuds

Post by fishophil »

Yuuuum!!
If I wasnt eating my chocolate fudge birthday cake at the moment from last night, I would really be watering at the mouth! :)
Too many freaks. Not enough circuses.