Hobie Mirage Drive Kayak Poll

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!

What hobie for you ?

Sport
4%
Outback
35%
Revo 11
4%
Revo 13
10%
PA
27%
Adventure
4%
Outfitter
3%
Oasis
2%
Adventure Island
9%
Tandem Island
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 168

cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Re: Hobie Mirage Drive Kayak Poll

Post by cruiser »

Naturally Im biased but its the adventure for me :thumbsup: with turbo fins its a fast yak which can get you out of trouble if need be and cover a lot of water in between ,the adventure is equally at home on lakes rivers or in big swells down on the coast ,wouldnt swap her for quids

cheers cruiser
mob 0423 492 759
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Well I thought i'd finally settled on a PA as a new toy for this season and to run two up now and then with the youngster, but now that I'm stuck up here in Queensland(with no fishing gear or kayak!) and watching the wind tearing up the coastline I'm really itching to get back into some sailing so the AI is looking great, just need to figure out how to stay dry ish.
75Tommo
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Outback 2011

Post by 75Tommo »

I find the outback great :) , as it is hard to tip over imo , i am tall and skinny "so it does me fine" but the peddles are at the extreme , would have been nice if they were just a tad bigger ,then i would not complain one bit :)

As for the oasis , i would like that "never tried one" but i think 2 people fishing in that would be a bit better than the outfitter only because of the room "although i need to look into it a little more"

cheers
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Donkey wrote:
MitchT wrote: It's one of the easiest in the Hobie range to put on a roof(if you have smart ideas) and to wheel around! People make big of deal than it really is if you ask me.
But you transport yours on a trailer and you whinge because your PA is too heavy to drag up the hill at Mentone!

Outback for me!
We only carry them on a trailer because we have 2 wonks, and if you look at Rhinos, Starvers, Neilos or Mattys way of putting the PA on the roof its relatively simple. That hill is bloody steep doable but I never whinged? Just drove to Ricketts instead. I'm gonna sink your yak at Hoppies.

Cheers Mitch!
strikepro
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA 12

Post by strikepro »

MitchT wrote:
Donkey wrote:
MitchT wrote: It's one of the easiest in the Hobie range to put on a roof(if you have smart ideas) and to wheel around! People make big of deal than it really is if you ask me.
But you transport yours on a trailer and you whinge because your PA is too heavy to drag up the hill at Mentone!

Outback for me!
We only carry them on a trailer because we have 2 wonks, and if you look at Rhinos, Starvers, Neilos or Mattys way of putting the PA on the roof its relatively simple. That hill is bloody steep doable but I never whinged? Just drove to Ricketts instead. I'm gonna sink your yak at Hoppies.

Cheers Mitch!
YOULL PROBABLY BREAK SOMETHING ON YOURS AT THE HOPPIES :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :king:
Asscoiated with
TiCA , Strike Pro , Strike Pro Enticers , Daiichi , Zest , Mapso , Juro , McLaughlins Bait
http://www.jurofishing.com
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

strikepro wrote:YOULL PROBABLY BREAK SOMETHING ON YOURS AT THE HOPPIES :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :king:
hahaha yeah my luck lately. Last time we went to East Gippy, the fin unscrewed itself off :shock: :wtf: All looking up though but there will be no Skeeter to save me if something breaks at Hoppie :) :lol:
Cheers Mitch!
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

I've had an outback and a PA , whilst I love the Pa it is a pig on land. They come into there own on the water though.
If i had the cash I'd have an Outback and an Adventure island.
Bilby
Bill 0409139460
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

Don't own a Hobie, but hopefully in the future i'll be able to get an AI or even maybe a TI so I can take my boy out with me.
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

75Tommo wrote:i am tall and skinny "so it does me fine" but the peddles are at the extreme , would have been nice if they were just a tad bigger ,then i would not complain one bit :)

cheers
That's one of the reasons I went for the Revo - just a touch more leg room. Interested to see where they took the length from on the new Revo 11.

Cheers

Tim
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

I dont peddle but the more I look at the hobie range the adventure and of cause the AI look the goods
I know the PA is stable and has a lot of room - the outback is prob the best allrounder however the extra speed of the longer yak would make pushing through a high tide flow in WP easier
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657