Hobie Mirage Drive Kayak Poll

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!

What hobie for you ?

Sport
4%
Outback
35%
Revo 11
4%
Revo 13
10%
PA
27%
Adventure
4%
Outfitter
3%
Oasis
2%
Adventure Island
9%
Tandem Island
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 168

75Tommo
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Outback 2011

Hobie Mirage Drive Kayak Poll

Post by 75Tommo »

Well it's about hobie mirage drive kayaks,as i own a outback but would also like an oasis "for fishing :)"

I guess 2 options is enough ,as i would want them all if money was no problem LOL

Cheers

Andrew
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Re: Hobie Mirage Drive Kayak Poll

Post by mingle »

I used to have a Sport, which was great, but I was getting close to the weight limit.

I did look at the Outback, but it was a bit too "fat" for my liking. The Revo (IMHO) is the best all-rounder in the fleet at the moment.

I now have a Revo, but would love an AI - they're a bit too heavy and bulky though.

I'm hoping that Hobie bring out a "mini AI" in the near future...
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Had a revo and agree with mike it's an awesome yak but love my pa, especially as I'm starting to do a bit more bait fishing. More room for everything and as I'm a large lad less chance of going in :lol:
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Ditto what Bigyakka said except for being a large lad :lol: :lol: cheers Jim :thumbsup:
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

ditto what Big Yakka and Babylon said and especially the bit about being a bug lad.
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Had both the Outback and PA and have a run in all Hobies other than an Island(had a go in Adventure) and there all good. For me I love my PA, would not go back to anything else. Such a awesome Bream fishing craft, standing up is a huge bonus and are very very hard to tip. So much space and so easy to launch, I love it. Outback is a great craft for easier transport but I dont know why people make a big deal about transported a PA. It's one of the easiest in the Hobie range to put on a roof(if you have smart ideas) and to wheel around! People make big of deal than it really is if you ask me. PA for me such an awesome fishing craft!!
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

MitchT wrote:Had both the Outback and PA and have a run in all Hobies other than an Island(had a go in Adventure) and there all good. For me I love my PA, would not go back to anything else. Such a awesome Bream fishing craft, standing up is a huge bonus and are very very hard to tip. So much space and so easy to launch, I love it. Outback is a great craft for easier transport but I dont know why people make a big deal about transported a PA. It's one of the easiest in the Hobie range to put on a roof(if you have smart ideas) and to wheel around! People make big of deal than it really is if you ask me. PA for me such an awesome fishing craft!!
Except when you break your trolley and have to carry the PA to a car :wave1:
Poised on the edge of sanity.
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

HaTTerS wrote:
MitchT wrote:Had both the Outback and PA and have a run in all Hobies other than an Island(had a go in Adventure) and there all good. For me I love my PA, would not go back to anything else. Such a awesome Bream fishing craft, standing up is a huge bonus and are very very hard to tip. So much space and so easy to launch, I love it. Outback is a great craft for easier transport but I dont know why people make a big deal about transported a PA. It's one of the easiest in the Hobie range to put on a roof(if you have smart ideas) and to wheel around! People make big of deal than it really is if you ask me. PA for me such an awesome fishing craft!!
Except when you break your trolley and have to carry the PA to a car :wave1:
Hobies S-H golf cart trolleys will do that on any Kayak, hint they broke on your Outback too.
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

MitchT wrote: It's one of the easiest in the Hobie range to put on a roof(if you have smart ideas) and to wheel around! People make big of deal than it really is if you ask me.
But you transport yours on a trailer and you whinge because your PA is too heavy to drag up the hill at Mentone!

Outback for me!
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Love my PA ;)
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time